Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Exciting this season.....

Ejected
    Quote Originally Posted by username View Post
    Gday Massive you may have noted i have started my big foot army even though i was going to leave any goose purchaces till next year just cant help myself.
    You are doing well young grasshopper. You will need a bag for the bigfoots, cabelas have a four slot one on sale at the moment. Also it's not too late to pick up swan and parrie call, maybe a wing spinner or two.

My aim is to better last years duck tally, which in round numbers was a very round number. The same could be said for my goose tally. So basically my aim is to get out more and shoot something.
    Happy likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!

Quote Originally Posted by upnorth uplander View Post
    My goal is to put petros and his Irish setter onto some pheasants & quail during the week we are up north , Pointer is joining us also so looking forward to opening and the week that follows.
    My goal is to catch up with a mate, and get to know a new shooter up there too. Share a few good moments, share a few laughs. A few good birds taken cleanly over the dogs would be the icing on the cake

And a goose or two, I haven't shot a lot of geese

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Allen View Post
    I take it you are a boots and all type of guy. You'll get plenty of joy out of that lot

Thats a great goal that plenty of us should adopt....
    I have been lookn for a hobby/interest something to really get into for bloody years i lacked passion in anything i got back into hunting a couple years ago but hard finding time to get out. Last year i went out opening day wasnt super impressed but there are a couple ponds on our farm so i brought a call built a mai mai. once i started calling ducks in by myself i was hooked. Learnt a lot off forums and you tube. Now i have access to a few ponds and can go out for a couple hours before work. Life is good

Ejected
    Get a couple of dog's going on the retrieving and shoot a few six for's.

Ejected
    I have been lookn for a hobby/interest something to really get into for bloody years i lacked passion in anything i got back into hunting a couple years ago but hard finding time to get out. Last year i went out opening day wasnt super impressed but there are a couple ponds on our farm so i brought a call built a mai mai. once i started calling ducks in by myself i was hooked. Learnt a lot off forums and you tube. Now i have access to a few ponds and can go out for a couple hours before work. Life is good
    Quack is addictive.

I went a bit crazy in the last 12 months gone from never been duck shooting before this time last year to owning 2 doz ghg pg floaters 2doz ghg pg full bodys. dead zone layout blind, hammond RIP, DC duck picker, BG spit fire, Zink green machine duck calls. Hammond short reed and a molt gear EX3 goose calls. Half a doz big foot goose decoys on the way and a couple floaters. access to half a dozen ponds and grain stubble.
    Goals: be more selective and accurate with my shots
    Try not to get too excited and focus on my shooting form.
    I like the not half Arsed approach there but what's your running total up to now?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    I like the not half Arsed approach there but what's your running total up to now?

Sent from my GT-S5360T using Tapatalk 2
    Duck shooters will never tell ya that ha ha too frightening usually. Av cost per duck equals Holy Shit can't say..

It's an investment of course in sanity or is that insanity?

less than a sako 85 with mk4 scope or maybe the same I left a few things out. I was going to spend 15-18k on a 4wd but decided to spend 5k on a Subaru and go hard on hunting kit for duck and goose shooting, reloading and later optics and a LR Rig.
    veitnamcam and Happy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MassiveAttack View Post
    You are doing well young grasshopper. You will need a bag for the bigfoots, cabelas have a four slot one on sale at the moment. Also it's not too late to pick up swan and parrie call, maybe a wing spinner or two.
    I'd rather get splashers than spinners. I don't shoot swans but a parrie call is on the cards and I will check out that bag I need a couple more for my ducks. Have you got your new call yet?

Purchases for duck shooting since I work a truck load of overtime during the year it gives me a bit more disposable income

New hunting truck just put some new AT tyres on it

Motion decoy

Also got myself a sevylor 360 hunter inflatable I just need to replace a couple of patches to make it 100%

Just another outdoors addict
    Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    You do realise that spouses can access these pages! Somethings figures are best viewed through murky waters
    veitnamcam likes this.

Im pretty safe theres no way my wife will read this "nerdy hunting forum" as she calls it.

Hope to get my first NZ deer this season.
    Our first child is due mid-season so while it may hinder the hunting time it will still be a great season!
    gadgetman likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."