Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Neoprene dog vest

Looking to get one with a decent grab handle on it for hauling the spaniel/lab x into the dinghy after making retrieve,what’s the best option in peoples experience?cheersName:  image.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  2.22 MB

the lifejackets have grab handle.....the neopreme ones dont..and personally wouldnt want one as dog could easily get tangled up in sticks etc,you will be able to grab both ends if someone else balancing boat.....or run a circle loop through neck and out middle of back...if you get dogs front legs in and hold back of neck they get in ok..but then shake lol. wouldnt be hard to add a handle...some of the others have a couple of slots on back for grabbing.
    75/15/10 black powder matters

the wetsuitmaker in leeston will custom make one for your dog it price isnt a problem

I don't particularly like vests in case the dogs get tangled in the willows, etc. I haul the Springers in by the scruff of the neck which works fine. You can also grab them by the back at the same time. I haven't run my lab/springer cross out of the canoe yet but will do the same with him this season . The labs sure bring in a lot of water compared to a springer.

wild outdoorsman in greymouth/hokitika sold us one online...camo neopreme and yes has button hole type grab handles that work well (if picking dog up once is anything to go by)
    no brand that I can see.
    75/15/10 black powder matters