Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Is there a lawyer out there???!

Last edited by Kiwi-Hunter; 08-03-2013 at 03:30 PM.
    The Voice of Reason, Come let us Reason together...

You started off on F&G lead ban now your everywhere else and you wonder why people aren't going to take you seriously here?
    The Biggest Room is the Room for Improvement

[QUOTE=el borracho;91706]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    What are you on about?? if it has fuck all to do with sexual orientation then why the fuck bring it up in a hunting forum, that is what this is remember?

I completely agree with Kiwihunter regarding the banning of lead, its complete bollocks, but the rest of what he is on about is utter giberish and detracts away from what his 'real' argument is. It is hard to take a man seriously when he is ranting like a narrow minded, conspiracy theorist, homophobic southlander.[/QUOTE
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post

his comments were about how things become socially engineered -the example doesn't really matter as it was just an example of how SE softens the views of the masses - conspiracy theorist is far to strong of a thing to say given the very real reality gripping the shooting world with these already banned shot weights and others that are to come .I might suggest you appreciate the mans comments rather than tall poppy cut him as so many that are so active being inactive tend to do
    I know where you are coming from el borracho, I just think kiwihunters choice of words and examples are inflammatory and detract from his actual arguement. It all comes off as a big rant rather than a cohesive, thought out arguement.

I agree it is a slippery slope with regards to further regulations.

As for the tall puppy comment...don't be so quick to judge about others being inactive on these topics (and others), as you have no idea what other members do outside of this forum.
    Pointer likes this.
    Hunting is not a hobby.....its an addiction

Putting this on paper is not my strongest qualification.
    I was working by the time I was 15.
    The school side in my life was left out.
    So how it come's is what you get.
    A least I am trying to give it a go.
    Happy likes this.

I (being brilliant in all areas cos left school at 15.5) couldnt make hide nor hare outa some of this on’t grow the vegetable we will feed you with our intellect which is genetically modified = Not understanding
    While on this one, born to Man and Woman , ADAM & STEVE can't have, so don't feed me the, I was born this way.
    The only pistol I can hold is below the hip shit. =

Please to be writing in engrish ...... I missed the boat entirely on those two..

I don't know a lot about the subject but from a basic simplified view that the general public will hold is that there is no reason to be firing toxic lead into the waterways for sport when there are alternatives.

Like I said, I know very little but this is what the public perception will be and that is what it comes down to.

Quote Originally Posted by Savage1 View Post
    I don't know a lot about the subject but from a basic simplified view that the general public will hold is that there is no reason to be firing toxic lead into the waterways for sport when there are alternatives.

Like I said, I know very little but this is what the public perception will be and that is what it comes down to.
    Perhaps a little over simplified but yeah. Next thing though is bird populations shrinking and steel shot is great for some but a major head fuc and wicked wounder for others.
    Not quite that simple when change happens and the ramifications are not what was expected.. Duck Shooters are a passionate lot... Read whats happened in Aussie regarding greenies killing the sport off nearly
    its a funny old topic with lots happening in the background ..

Too many bitches getting there way. Go look at some comments on youtube stupid fuckwits look up hunting videos just to say the hunter should be killed. I hate those people with a passion.
    VIVA LA HOWA

[QUOTE=Bryan;91718]
    Quote Originally Posted by el borracho View Post
    [COLOR="#FF0000"]

I know where you are coming from el borracho, I just think kiwihunters choice of words and examples are inflammatory and detract from his actual arguement. It all comes off as a big rant rather than a cohesive, thought out arguement.

I agree it is a slippery slope with regards to further regulations.

As for the tall puppy comment...don't be so quick to judge about others being inactive on these topics (and others), as you have no idea what other members do outside of this forum.
    fair enough
    Tweed or not to Tweed that is the question

heres another wee idea for all you "shagged" southland shooters.get sufficient numbers ,file a motion to declare a "special general meeting", then confront this bunch of autocrats with the fact youre highly pissed of with their actions -present your "please explain;" when theyve finished bleating ,as their employers(yes your bloody shooters fees pay them ,and your votes put em there) ;confront em, with a mass vote of "no confidence". if nothing else it'll provoke a collaborative arse twitching session and make this pack of zealots realise theyre on notice.get themedia there too,just so the antics are well publicised. gives you a bit of breathing space before thoughts &costs of a legal challenge.
    veitnamcam, Pointer, R93 and 3 others like this.

don't know a lot about the subject but from a basic simplified view that the general public will hold is that there is no reason to be firing toxic lead into the waterways for sport when there are alternatives.
    i,l bet you anything you like lead in the waterways now has nothing to do with lead shot.give the public some credit why do you think f&g are costantly pushing dirty dairying and councill spills to the fore ??
    because people are clued up enough to see the difference between a little lead[remember 95% of gunners have been lead free since 2005] that may or may not create a problem and 10,000 litres per day per farm of liquid cow crap leaking into waterways not to mention massive water use and huge chemical fertalizer use .
    Last edited by gsp follower; 09-03-2013 at 03:18 PM.
    Kiwi-Hunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    heres another wee idea for all you "shagged" southland shooters.get sufficient numbers ,file a motion to declare a "special general meeting", then confront this bunch of autocrats with the fact youre highly pissed of with their actions -present your "please explain;" when theyve finished bleating ,as their employers(yes your bloody shooters fees pay them ,and your votes put em there) ;confront em, with a mass vote of "no confidence". if nothing else it'll provoke a collaborative arse twitching session and make this pack of zealots realise theyre on notice.get themedia there too,just so the antics are well publicised. gives you a bit of breathing space before thoughts &costs of a legal challenge.
    Thanks for the input this sort of post is what will help make things happen
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    i,l bet you anything you like lead in the waterways now has nothing to do with lead shot.give the public some credit why do you think f&g are costantly pushing dirty dairying and councill spills to the fore ??
    because people are clued up enough to see the difference between a little lead[remember 95% of gunners have been lead free since 2005] that may or may not create a problem and 10,000 litres per day per farm of liquid cow crap leaking into waterways not to mention massive water use and huge chemical fertalizer use .
    Thanks

lets remember though that we are NOT disputing the fact that LEAD is a toxin.
    "What is in dispute was that an elected body consulted its members and interested parties ,but on analysing the feedback and realising it was not what was in fact to their satisfaction,WILFULLY indulged in highly dubious and manipulative tactics to support enacting what is an unwanted measure at this time."
    KH -that is the substance of your vote of no confidence.
    Kiwi-Hunter likes this.

I think what people are forgetting is that lead is bad for the environment and for several links in the ecosystem. Having said that I'm not entirely convinced that steel is an appropriate alternative, especially in areas with high shooter densities.
    its probably around 10 years or so since steel replaced lead in Victoria here. Its terrible, hits like a slap from an old lady and some old shotguns can't use it. My argument would be one of which has been mentioned that there are far more important and degrading environmental issues going on in the world.
    i had a vegetarian anti hunter tearing strips off me one day until I got it out of her that her protein came from soy. So I can't hunt my own meat but you're happy for thousands of acres of rain forest to be cleared every year ton get your soy plantations in? Palm oil is the same. Give em that next time.

just one more on the topic of duck hunting, here in Vic were fortunate enough to have a guy called Laurie levy, our states own anti duck man. Last year a protester was accidently shot while illegally coming into a swamp during a shoot (only licensed duck hunterrs may be in a swamp until 10:30) and after he failed to put blame on us hrs come up with a new plan that departs from their normative behaviour of waiting for a hunter to wing a bird and rush over and grab it before the hunter gets there and then refusing to give it to the hunter just to prove we're cruel and unmerciless people. Anyway this year he has protesters with duck hunting and gun licenses that will be spying and protesting undercover trying to catch us doing the wrong we apparently do every time we go out. Also should mention with all the lost ducks and the wounded ones they steal they throw them on parliament house steps to rot and show that we're cruel?

I would love to see you guys keep steel but it could be much worse!