Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: My Ruger 10/22 LR project

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    I grabbed a brick of SK std plus subsonic ammo and i noticed 2 things about it. It burns dirtier than cci but it is coated in finer lube. Pretty happy with that so far. That Boyd stock looks freaking awesome. The comb looks to be exactly where I'd need it too

On another note - my weihrauch silencer was doing a fantastic job but it filled up with crud. I cleaned it all out but I think it will be going back on my tx200hc (target air rifle springer). I came across this add on TM, has anyone used one of these before?

DPT Modular 22Mag Suppressor - 92grams | Trade Me
    Haven't used one but they look pretty sweet. I'd just use 1 baffle and subs if I went that way.

Mines got a full over barrel suppressor, so it's only 16 inches total, and pretty easy to clean.

It's easy to get a 10/22 trigger feeling real good. Plenty of cheap trigger kits. I nearly went with a KIDD one too, but tried the $30 kit and it's damn good. Very impressed with KIDD stuff though, so I bet the triggers are tricking amazing.

Check here for a NZ KIDD reseller - http://usaguns.co.nz

I'd recommend the buffer and cocking assembly if you're going to be using subs a lot. Easy to install yourself.

the kidd seller is less than usefull when tryng to get info from him.
    i did manage to find out that a shipment was leaving the states about 3 weeks ago

iv had both the volquartsen trigger bits and now a gen 1 timney in my ruger
    chopped the barrel short ie 13 inches, I asked for 12 but the engeneer aparently knew better than i did. and suppressed it
    threw on an old vx1 LR duplex 3-9x40 i had lieing around and moved the sling stud to the tip of the forend so it carrys better
    I hate to admit it but it has become one of my favorite rifles to use, and it gets the worse use and abuse of any of my rifles, continues to be accurate

dont go overboard on spending on it, its just a bloody ruger, just use it

iv also got a model 2 brno in the safe it just dusnt get used anymore
    kiwi39 likes this.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill999 View Post
    I'd like to see more of that Spaniel actually Bill
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

Quote Originally Posted by scottrods View Post
    put it on TM.
    Buy a JW-15 for a third of the cost, get it shortened and put a decent rimfire scope.
    It will shoot way better and have change in your pocket because you won't burn ammo.

10/22's are like cheap women. They do what they say on the tin but they are pretty loose. Spend a fortune on them and they are an expensive tart done up.
    wow, just wow.
    I had the exact same experience. My 10/22 shot well but my jw15 is amazing. I put a Bushnell banner 3_9x40 on it and it's usually no trouble to head shot out to 60M. I really did enjoy the ability to double tap with the ruger but I always take the jw because it has the over barrel suppressor stop very quiet.
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Ejected
    All these varipower scopes n huge $$$$ getting spent on a 10/22. You lot are strange!

It's a 22. Put a 4X scope on, tweak the trigger yourself then go kill shit out to 75 yards. If you use it a lot drop the timney trigger in with the shithot mag release. If your using subs it needs to be kept super clean including the mags (much to my disgust!!). I hate cleaning .22's.

If If you've got to head shoot grab the bolt action.
    sako75 likes this.

Tread carefully in the suck... ishoot10s's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wirehunt View Post
    All these varipower scopes n huge $$$$ getting spent on a 10/22. You lot are strange.
    Not necessarily, if the build is done with a specific purpose. I built mine for positional scoped rifle (4P 50 & 100m) and sillhouette matches. I found it quite handy when I got a good hold, to never have to take my hand off the grip between shots operate a bolt. Same in silhouettes, get a good hold and why not get all 5 away if you're on a roll. A scope needs plenty of power and turrets with exceptional memory to be competitive in these disciplines.

That said, I haven't shot 4P or sillhouette for 12 years, so she's a safe queen now.
    10MRT shooters do it 60 times, in two directions and at two speeds.

I tried a 10-22 take down. Played with it for ages and it would not keep zero when taking apart and putting back together.
    It was when they first came out. A mate wanted to buy from me to keep in his digger for the odd rabbit and wild cat so sold it to him.
    His shots only 10 to 20 mtrs.
    Finally read that you need to ensure barrel is in line as a little out creates problems. Just due to boredom got another to see if I could win..
    Turned out to be reasonably expensive boredom but there you go ..

Bought AR scope back off mate who never used it. Shortened barrel. Vol trigger group.
    NZ made Vol copy bolt. Bolt quick release mod. Buffer etc. DPT 22 Magnum suppresser. Filled front stock 1/2 with resin to weigh it up a bit.
    Fitted small length P Rail on front stock 1/2 for folding style AR Fore Grip or Bi Pod .All it has to do is hit rabbits at 100 mtrs and drop them.
    Not done with Long Range in mind as either .17 or .223 for that stuff.
    Its super light retains zero rough enough on dis and reassembly and heaps of fun. Never misses a beat so far I m pretty happy with it had quite a few boxes of ammo through it.

Name:  IMG_0454.JPG
Views: 1196
Size:  215.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0456.JPG
Views: 1071
Size:  208.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0457.JPG
Views: 1179
Size:  189.7 KB
    Bryan likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Dead is better View Post
    P.S that photo was made using a free android based app called Target Calculator.
    I tried searching for that app and cant find it?
    My favorite sentences i like to hear are - I suppose so. and Send It!

Ejected
    I could find the app but wasn't free, and I'm not so lazy to spend $4 rather than use calipers.

How often does that thing get broken down happy? Cool idea I just can't imagine myself ever having it in two. Nice scope

Quote Originally Posted by Nibblet View Post
    I could find the app but wasn't free, and I'm not so lazy to spend $4 rather than use calipers.

How often does that thing get broken down happy? Cool idea I just can't imagine myself ever having it in two. Nice scope

It gets taken to bits every use cos lives in the backpack that it came with. Its so easy to assemble and put back together that its not a problem.

Gets chucked in the car quite often if visiting farming mates.. Always something looking to get plinked at .. Scope way too good for it but may end up

trying it on my shottie yet !! Hard to find small scope that would fit in the pack plus be of reasonable quality.
    Nibblet likes this.
    "This is my Flag... Ill only have the one ..

Quote Originally Posted by Gerbs View Post
    Get a KIDD trigger for your 10/22. You'll never want to touch the trigger of another rifle again.
    They really are that good.
    The replacement hammer helped, mine doesnt get used enough to warrant a flash as trigger.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...gns.targetCalc

Quote Originally Posted by andyanimal31 View Post
    I tried searching for that app and cant find it?

this was my 10/22. i really liked shooting it double tapping and after if changed the stock it was a lot easier to shoot accurately standing but it wasn't as accurate as my jw15.
    Name:  425676_263766530361125_1533715410_n.jpg
Views: 984
Size:  35.3 KB
    If i could have a full time job shooting pests i'm up for over time.

Good luck trying to pry my 10/22 out of my cold dead hands