Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Like Tree195Likes

Thread: Another Aramoana???

They may as well ban air guns, because at least it killed one policeman. So statisticly a air gun is more dangerous than a 50 cal, or a police officer is more likely to get kill by an air gun than a 50 cal.

sneakywaza I got
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Shot, struggling to keep up. Be out of fingers soon at this rate.
    Get someone from the coast to help out, they have extras!
    sometimes, stumpy, hamsav and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Beavis View Post
    But again none of what he is asking for will help make his members safer. How many police officers have been attacked with a .50 calibre rifle? How will registering guns stop criminals from stealing guns and pointing them at police?
    If it's your gun they will be able to pin the blame on you, and because it's registered with the police you will be more careful in keeping the details of the person you sold it to and you will be less likely to sell it it to a gang, as has been the case many times over, or an unregistered person. Yep it will stop any illegal guns getting into the wrong hands, he's a bloody genius, in shifting blame!
    keneff and 223nut like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    If it's your gun they will be able to pin the blame on you, and because it's registered with the police you will be more careful in keeping the details of the person you sold it to and you will be less likely to sell it it to a gang, as has been the case many times over, or an unregistered person. Yep it will stop any illegal guns getting into the wrong hands, he's a bloody genius, in shifting blame!
    Spot on.
    keneff likes this.

Banned
    Really? Like how many? Just counting civilians?
    Four cops shot in Kawerau a few months ago.

How about the guy that killed the two women in the Ashburton Work and Income office?

Ashburton Work and Income shooter Russell John Tully sentenced to life with 27 years non-parole | Stuff.co.nz

Or that guy Mowatt who fired 29 shots to kill his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend in Papakura a couple of years ago? Licenced firearms owner.

The Bedroom Murders: 29 shots, 3 people dead. Why? - National - NZ Herald News

Four shot and one killed in Napier in 2009.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2009_Napier_shootings

Six killed with a shotgun in Raurimu in 1997.

crime.co.nz

Five shot dead in the Bain family murders in 1994.

Six more killed by that bloke Schlaepfer near Pukekohe in 1992. Farmer with his shotgun and a knife.

Stanley Graham in 1941 on the west coast. Shot and killed seven others.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanle...of_the_rampage

That's just off the top of my head. There were more people maimed by guns in the same incidents.

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post

How about the guy that killed the two women in the Ashburton Work and Income office?

Ashburton Work and Income shooter Russell John Tully sentenced to life with 27 years non-parole | Stuff.co.nz

Or that guy Mowatt who fired 29 shots to kill his ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend in Papakura a couple of years ago? Licenced firearms owner.

crime.co.nz

Six more killed by that bloke Schlaepfer near Pukekohe in 1992. Farmer with his shotgun and a knife.

That's just off the top of my head. There were more people maimed by guns in the same incidents.
    And I am certain that not all of these were licence holders!!!
    Wirehunt likes this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Where did I say they all were?

Mowatt and Graham certainly were. David Bain was too (We'll have to disregard him though because his conviction was overturned). Schaelfer I think was too.

Big feature on One News tonight about the triumphant return of Olympic medalists. Clips of various sports that won medals but no mention of our shooting success in trapshooting.

Then-surprise surprise-the item about illegal firearms. To their credit David Tipple was given a chance to comment,thankfully he speaks calmly and rationally on behalf of licensed shooters.
    mikee, Jexla and Knoxy_09 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by keneff View Post
    Apropos of this, it seems the cops in the USA are killing a lot of people, mostly those of a darker complexion.
    Cops killed nearly twice as many whites as blacks in 2015. According to data compiled by The Washington Post, 50 percent of the victims of fatal police shootings were white, while 26 percent were black. The majority of these victims had a gun or "were armed or otherwise threatening the officer with potentially lethal force," according to MacDonald in a speech at Hillsdale College.

Some may argue that these statistics are evidence of racist treatment toward blacks, since whites consist of 62 percent of the population and blacks make up 13 percent of the population. But as MacDonald writes in The Wall Street Journal, 2009 statistics from the Bureau of Justice Statistics reveal that blacks were charged with 62 percent of robberies, 57 percent of murders and 45 percent of assaults in the 75 biggest counties in the country, despite only comprising roughly 15 percent of the population in these counties.

Check your figures before making a statement such as this.
    Savage1, tetawa, Ryan and 2 others like this.

And they still don't realise they are talking about illegal firearms which are owned by criminals. So no matter what firearm regulations they change nothing will change in real life!
    Seems like your idiots are cut from the same cloth as our idiots.

Here in the US they want to ban guns and they still can't figure out why the places with stringent gun control have the highest crime rates. Bad guys don't follow the law!
    Signature removed because some people are intolerant of me being American.

Sweet F A then? I think it's a very safe country for massacres, in the states I think more than two is a massacre, now just to totally screw this server, list all the murders and all the road deaths since 1941 just to put that in perspective?
    Knoxy_09 likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

That doesn't count for Oconner
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by Miami_JBT View Post
    Seems like your idiots are cut from the same cloth as our idiots.

Here in the US they want to ban guns and they still can't figure out why the places with stringent gun control have the highest crime rates. Bad guys don't follow the law!
    You have to stop talking logic, your screwing with my brain!
    WallyR likes this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by systolic View Post

crime.co.nz

how many had current licenses.
    Wirehunt likes this.

You have to stop talking logic, your screwing with my brain!
    I can't help it logic runs my career. Wait it's logical and my career that I wouldn't do what I do for a living because I don't make a lot of money. LOL
    WallyR likes this.
    Signature removed because some people are intolerant of me being American.