Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: dog boots

dog boots

Hi, is anyone using or can recomend any dog boots for a dog in the hills. my dog has developed
    a deformed wrist joint on her front leg and due to this she is now grazing the skin off just above her pads on the outside
    of her leg. cheers

I’m pretty sure that Furtherfaster in Christchurch stock boots for dogs - have a look on their website.

I tried some Ruffwear dog boots on my old dog when she had an injured paw and although they were 100% the correct size per the paw width they wouldn't tighten up enough around her skinny legs so would just rotate off in a few minutes. They also had some pretty rough stitching inside which I think would have caused issues if they had stayed on longer. They are pretty spends at $80 per pair so I would definitely want to try them on your dog first.

I've never tried them on a dog but Shoof sell doggie boots, as well as shoes for hoofs where they got their name from. As Shamus says you would want to get a pretty accurate size on them to minimise problems