Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Case capacity question.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    and your case SIZE will also make a difference...eg 223 case will matter more if 2 grns different capacity than a 270/36-06 sized case..the percentage of difference will be less
    now me personally have never really worried about it..call me lazy but my two main rifles for last 25 years have both been VERY unfussy.... whatever they were fed ,within reason, they both will group them in useful sized group.
    the most dramatic test we did was over bench to eliminate human factor and we fired 10 different loads through my .270 every thing from 110grns-160grn projectile size and group was easily covered by playing card 2" wide 3" high...if we had taken out the 2 hottest loads both 130grn...one winchester silver tip the other a norma SP the group was closer to 2".plenty good enough for sub 200yard shoulder shooting.
    Greetings Micky,
    The .270, 6.5 06, 6.5 x 55 and likely others have the happy knack of putting a range of projectiles through the same point of impact. My experience with the .308 Win shows that it is not in that group of cartridges. A 300 mm group would be more like it with each load tight but just in a different place.
    Regards Grandpamac.

and my zaastava 308 would beg to differ.....from 180grn round nose hornadies through to 125grn speer hot core loads....yeah near enough to not really matter...
    each rifle is different.

Again thanks for the advice. It's good to know that there are people out there who have experience and are willing to share their knowledge and wisdom. I'm still in the process of acquiring bits and pieces. Waiting for the RCBS press to arrive by courier so that I can get started. It will be a bit of a landmark when I can knock over one of the local deer with my own handload.