Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Creedmore load data

Creedmore load data

Hey guys I'm after load data using ADI 2209 and 129 sst for a Howa 6.5 creedmore.

Rifle - ADI World Class Powders and Ammunition

select load CLOSEST to what you want
    START AT START LOAD...and work your way up

but thats what nearly all manuals say and it appears folks want a shortcut....so do as you will.

Greetings 260nelson,
    As Micky Duck said plus you may wish to look at the online data for the Creedmoor provided by Nosler which lists H4350. H4350 is the same powder as AR2209 just marketed in the US under a different name. You will note that the data from Nosler goes rather further than the ADI data. They do however agree that 39 grains of AR2209 produces 2,650 fps more or less. I would strongly suggest that you start at the ADI start load of 35.2 grains of AR2209 and work up 1 grain at a time, with say 2 rounds at each step, until you reach 39.2 grains. Watch for a sticky bolt lift or marks on the case head and stop if you have either. I suspect that you won't. If you can chronograph these loads this will help greatly and validate the ADI load data. Moving up to the Nosler data looks inviting but the 129 grain SST will kill any deer deader than last Sunday's roast dinner (to use an outdated phrase) so there need be no hurry to go there in a hurry. Please ask any questions you may have.
    Regards Grandpamac.

Get some RL16

or W760
    Russian 22. likes this.

RL16 is fast but not always the most accurate and can be dirty. W760 is roughly the same burning speed as H4350 and AR2209. But nothing beats the combination of 6.5CM with H4350 aka AR2209...

Gone But Not Forgotten
    RL 26 works well with the 140-143gr bullets. Faster than R16 and AR2209 for similar pressure signs
    25 /08 IMP likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 10-Ring View Post
    RL 26 works well with the 140-143gr bullets. Faster than R16 and AR2209 for similar pressure signs
    I'm also a RL26 fan

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    Rifle - ADI World Class Powders and Ammunition

select load CLOSEST to what you want
    START AT START LOAD...and work your way up

but thats what nearly all manuals say and it appears folks want a shortcut....so do as you will.
    Not after any short cuts, I have got down to ADI 2209 and 38GR with 129sst beig the best grouping. Just wanted to know was there any other powders worth trying also

Yes I'm using 2209 and 129 sst. Groups best at 38gr. Have not chronographed load yet and not sure when i will be able to.

Do you have any data on velocity using sst 129.

Another good powder is Hodgdon superprofrmance this works well in the Creedmoor and .260 but I have never loaded 129

Sent from my CPH1903 using Tapatalk

If you want to try 143 eldx here is my load for my 18inch barrel Kimber. Ran it through QL and pressure good. Shoots arounf half an inch if I do my bit. Chronographed with a Labradar
    Hornady brass
    Federal large primer
    48gr RL26
    143 ELDX
    2650fps
    there are only two things guns fear
    rust and politicians

Have been watching this forum for a while and as we are going into winter might have time to partake a little.
    I am relatively new to reloading and when working up some 6.5cm loads the other day ran Into pressure signs much sooner than expected. Loads that showed pressure for my gun were 46 gr superformance with 120 gr nos bt and 36 gr of 2208 with 100 gr ttsx.
    So how far do I need to back down to be safe?

I also shoot a howa creedmoor mostly with reloader 16
    But have shot alot of adi powder in other rifles
    And a bit of 09 in the creedmoor but will no real Notable results

One thing i will say with the data on the adi website is it is very conservative
    Generally i will forget about the starting charges and start about 1gn below the published max
    I then load depending on the size of the cartridge in ether.3 or .5 gn steeps
    Till about 2.5-3 gn above max and keep an eye on the cases ill shoot groups (generally wait for a nice hot day as this is worst case scenario) till i see the 1st signs of pressure Generally in my creedmoor
    This is a slight ejector swipe or slightly tighter than normal bolt lift or both 0.5 gn below this point is what I consider maximum for that particular load in that Particular rifle i pull any left over rounds generally though i Comfortably get 2-3 gns above adi data in 08 or similar sized cases before seeing pressure signs so might only need to pull 3-6 rounds

The howa’s seem to have an accuracy node right down the bottom then turn to shit and tighten up again at the top end from experience it’s not un normal to see groups just over an inch through the middle and 0.4-0.2 down low and up high they certainly shoot very well when you get it right
    Last edited by rambo-6mmrem; 06-05-2020 at 12:21 AM.