Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: electronic vs beam scales

Any tricks to get the 1200DPS working well? Anybody do anything different with 'em? What's the straw trick for the other digital one?

I now found out that my little Lyman 1000xp scale measures up to 1000grains, and may be the reason why it is so rubbish with small capacities like 24grains. Maybe throw a big weight on it permanently to buffer it a bit, then add my 24grains of powder. They are apparently rugged - one US reviewer bashed it with his wrench to end it, but it still worked, needed another bash to kill it dead. They routinely get 1 out of 5 star reviews. Maybe keep away from them, but may be useful for measuring / sorting brass cases??? Or measuring nuggets of unicorn poo?

I just use the RBCS 505 in combination with the RCBS powder thrower and a trickler. The powder thrower throws incredibly repeatable weights, so I set just to have the pointer on the 505 a couple of mm low and trickle the last half dozen or so sticks of ADI in. Takes about 10 secs a load. I bought an old kit for $250-$300 including the scales, thrower, press, measures, couple of sets of dies, case prep tools, lubing gear, ... the lot. I've never seen useful digital scales that wouldn't require a second mortgage.
    onslaught5012 likes this.
    There are only three types of people in this world. Those that can count, and those that can't!