Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Funky speeds - Riddle me this

Quote Originally Posted by winaa View Post
    How many firing has your brass had?
    could be neck tension (but 130 fps difference is a lot), time to anneal or get new brass maybe
    Only second firing!

Greetings All,
    The mention of H335 reminded me of a quote about it in one of the old Handloader magazines. It goes.

"H335 is like the little girl with the little curl in the middle of her forehead. When it is good it is very very good and when it is bad it is horrid."

The point being that H335 can be subject to erratic pressures. The gentleman relating the ditty had done his custom rifle some expensive damage interpolating loads for different weight projectiles. I note that Barnes does not list H335 for the 120 grain Barnes projectiles. Perhaps it would be wise to change to something else. Barnes had good results with AR2208. I believe that the Barnes projectiles work best when seated with some free bore.
    Regards Grandpamac.
    Micky Duck and Edunn like this.

a wise old man once said"many a good load has been ruined by a chronograph"

IF you took away the figures your little machine gave you......WHERE IS PROBLEM???????

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    a wise old man once said"many a good load has been ruined by a chronograph"

IF you took away the figures your little machine gave you......WHERE IS PROBLEM???????
    I was mostly interested in what might cause it so if I was doing something stupid I could fix it for next time.

I guess the theoretical problem could be that the ttsx needs relatively high impact velocity for reliable expansion? So maybe with a large spread I would have to limit range based on the lower limit of spread?

Certainly take your point that my main concern should be group and validating at hunting distances, though.