Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: Genex small rifle primers

Genex small rifle primers

Has anyone had any real world experience with the ginex small rifle primers (good or bad)? I haven't seen much written about them besides seating apparently being a little harder than other primers.
    Last edited by Kimber 7mm-08; 28-07-2023 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Typo in primer name - Ginex not Genex

No, no hands on experience with them. Are they available yet? Saw them the other day coming to Reloading Direct (maybe).

A quick google found https://forum.accurateshooter.com/th...imers.4061098/
    Which matches the tight seating comment you made. See the Nato comment as well.

If they are all that is available in the near future I guess that makes them excellent. I will not bother with them though.

These are the one RD is showing on his facebook page.
    ECO 4,5-3-P3 for Small rifle.pdf

They seem to have a lot of primer products and also supporting docs.
    Last edited by zimmer; 28-07-2023 at 06:00 PM.
    Kimber 7mm-08 likes this.

Delta Mike also put them up on the website

I noticed some small rifle primers on TM, CCI I think they were. Or are you specifically interested in those Ginex ones?

Interested in Ginex, but a little hesitant with something that isn't perhaps as well known as cci, federal, etc.

Looking at their spec file the cups are close to 20 thou thick which matches CCI 400, Federal 200, Remington 6 1/2.
    CCI BR4s are 25 thou.

The company itself looks to be huge. We are used to a diet of mainly Yankee primers wheras I guess European reloaders are probably reliant on European made stuff.
    I won't be buying any to try as I'm still OK primer stock wise. Otherwise I would give them a go.

Auckland, until I can escape south....to Southland.
    Reloaders have them in stock.
    He nui to ngaromanga, he iti to putanga.

You depart with mighty boasts, but you come back having done little.
    Sounds like a typical hunting trip !

has anyone tried these yet and whats the verdict

Tried these today for something to do. Usually use CCI 400 under the 20g Vmax in my 17H. They were a little tighter to seat as per internet findings. Was confident enough to just run the usual load after earlier mucking around with doing load development with some Berger 25g.

The 20g Vmax + CFE BLK load is one that runs 0.5moa or less and i know there's a few others running pretty similar on the forum. Ran out of prepped brass to make up for the bad group but its still <.5. I'll happily switch to these in future for this gun.
    Name:  Snapchat-1147778950.jpg
Views: 765
Size:  896.5 KB
    Name:  Snapchat-852905071.jpg
Views: 760
Size:  916.7 KB
    Slug, rupert, zimmer and 5 others like this.

I see another brand has popped up as well “White River Energetics. Even if these other brands are good, and they probably are, is the supply going to be consistent?
    “Age is a very high price to pay for maturity”

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetrack View Post
    I see another brand has popped up as well “White River Energetics. Even if these other brands are good, and they probably are, is the supply going to be consistent?
    I think for the average shooter that usually only buys 1 to 200 primers every couple of years these will be a god send, its these folk that have been caught out mostly by the "great shortage of '22".
    Hopefully it will put an end to the high prices some people are paying on TM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidetrack View Post
    Anyone already tested these White river energetic primer? Only bit of info I found on Accurateshooter forum:

"Jul 28, 2023
    I had a very interesting day today. I have been supplying test equipment to several of the ammunition companies in Arkansas. While on a sales call to one of them, I was asked if I would like to see a new primer plant. Of course I said yes! Before anybody starts asking, no, this tour is not something they normally do. After driving a few miles we arrived at White River Energentics. It is brand new. Lots of dirt work was done, the buildings all have concrete floors that drain to a waste water recovery and treatment system. The mixing of chemicals is all controlled remotely with no humans present in the building while it is in production. Today was a down day for maintanence so I could be shown several of the off limit areas. I was amazed at the amount of tooling needed for each size and type of primer. They are currently making small and large pistol primers and small rifle primers. Soon they will make a run of large rifle primers. At this point they are only selling to OEM customers. I got a few small rifle primers to test. I wish them luck with the project. It is obviously a multi million dollar investment."
    Moa Hunter likes this.

In stock at Reloaders today.
    Jukes likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by zimmer View Post
    In stock at Reloaders today.
    Yes, they have them in stock including large rifle, need to buy another item to be able to purchase primers for the first 72 hours.
    Micky Duck and Jukes like this.

I ran some through A 6mm GT at the weekend in training ammo. shot well, ES was as expected and no unexpected primer flow/pressure. Id say you're good to go with these