Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Keeping the 7mm ahead of the 30 cal?

Quote Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
    And a 257 Roberts
    Now there is a calibre worth talking about.....................

Surprise, surprise, nothing from Kiwi Greg and Donald (terminator). Quite prepared to throw innuendo and school yard rumours around but not prepared to back it up when asked to or check the truth behind what they’re insinuating before having a go.

Now that I’ve been home from the bush a couple of days and caught up, here’s the goss for those that have only heard one side of the story, and for those that are wondering what the hell KG is going on about.

Here’s the background. We have made our own non directional brakes for at least 15 years now, as evidenced by many pics in my magazine articles etc over the years. Yes, they were basically copies of the popular at the time in the USA radial and axial ported brakes typified by the Vais type brake, as are many others radial type brakes. Then, about 3 years ago a NZ gunsmith got his local CNC outfit to start making some radial brakes, which were also basically a copy of the Vais type. We got him to make some in our thread sizes for us as it was convenient, due to the numbers we were starting to use. Then he started having problems getting his local CNC outfit to make them when we needed, so we approached a local CNC outfit here in Napier to make some back on our old design in some sizes we were short of, and we now have them making our bigger 90 degree ported directional brakes as well. We are still fitting some of his NZ made brakes, as well as our ones made locally, as well as the angled port Stainless Steel and 7000 series alloy brakes we still make ourselves.

As all brakes are just reinventions of brake ideas that have been around for ages now, it is pretty rich for someone to claim their improved version of someone else’s brake is a completely new idea, whereas others are just blatant copies. That is just laughable! Not that we copied the NZ made brakes anyway as we can clearly show ours are the same as our original ones and we were making them long before he was. As for this BS about legal avenues etc…what a bloody joke! It would get laughed out of court! If anyone has a grievance, it would be the person who originally built the first radial and axial ported brake in the US, and I wouldn’t be surprised to find that wasn’t even George Vais!

No smileys this time, I have done my best to get on with you both and wish you well with your various ventures. You guys need to get a life…
    Greg
    Mike H likes this.

Oh F%$# here we go again
    Real guns start with the number 3 or bigger and make two holes, one in and one out

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Duley View Post
    Surprise, surprise, nothing from Kiwi Greg and Donald (terminator). Quite prepared to throw innuendo and school yard rumours around but not prepared to back it up when asked to or check the truth behind what they’re insinuating before having a go.

Now that I’ve been home from the bush a couple of days and caught up, here’s the goss for those that have only heard one side of the story, and for those that are wondering what the hell KG is going on about.

Here’s the background. We have made our own non directional brakes for at least 15 years now, as evidenced by many pics in my magazine articles etc over the years. Yes, they were basically copies of the popular at the time in the USA radial and axial ported brakes typified by the Vais type brake, as are many others radial type brakes. Then, about 3 years ago a NZ gunsmith got his local CNC outfit to start making some radial brakes, which were also basically a copy of the Vais type. We got him to make some in our thread sizes for us as it was convenient, due to the numbers we were starting to use. Then he started having problems getting his local CNC outfit to make them when we needed, so we approached a local CNC outfit here in Napier to make some back on our old design in some sizes we were short of, and we now have them making our bigger 90 degree ported directional brakes as well. We are still fitting some of his NZ made brakes, as well as our ones made locally, as well as the angled port Stainless Steel and 7000 series alloy brakes we still make ourselves.

As all brakes are just reinventions of brake ideas that have been around for ages now, it is pretty rich for someone to claim their improved version of someone else’s brake is a completely new idea, whereas others are just blatant copies. That is just laughable! Not that we copied the NZ made brakes anyway as we can clearly show ours are the same as our original ones and we were making them long before he was. As for this BS about legal avenues etc…what a bloody joke! It would get laughed out of court! If anyone has a grievance, it would be the person who originally built the first radial and axial ported brake in the US, and I wouldn’t be surprised to find that wasn’t even George Vais!

No smileys this time, I have done my best to get on with you both and wish you well with your various ventures. You guys need to get a life…
    Greg
    Thanks Greg.

Been away shooting Sika & at rocks out to 2380 yards with the 375.

Yep there is more than 2 sides to this story & judging by the emails that have been tearing around cyberspace you know that as well.

PS I said I improved a brake from overseas, it wasn't an APS.

As I have said before this isn't my fight so I am unable to comment any further on it.
    Last edited by Kiwi Greg; 13-02-2012 at 12:13 AM.

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Greg View Post

Been away shooting Sika & at rocks out to 2380 yards with the 375.
    Wow, shooting rocks at 2,380 yards... or shooting at rocks at 2,380 yards?

I once shot at a mud puddle with my 22LR that was 2km's away...

Look forward to seeing this 375 in all its glory on Saturday...
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

Quote Originally Posted by The Claw View Post
    Wow, shooting rocks at 2,380 yards... or shooting at rocks at 2,380 yards?

I once shot at a mud puddle with my 22LR that was 2km's away...

Look forward to seeing this 375 in all its glory on Saturday...
    Ha Ha Ha was waiting for that

Thats why I said shooting at rocks.

I only shot at it 5 or 6 times, got a 3 shot group 2ish moa group, 2380 is a fair way away

Shot a 1 moa 3 shot group at 1700, 2 of those were with in 1/2 moa third one dropped out, low left.

Looking forward to tuning the bullets a bit more & maybe a little more speed, these are still supersonic beyond 3000 now

I only shot at it 5 or 6 times, got a 3 shot group 2ish moa group, 2380 is a fair way away

Shot a 1 moa 3 shot group at 1700, 2 of those were with in 1/2 moa third one dropped out, low left.

Looking forward to tuning the bullets a bit more & maybe a little more speed, these are still supersonic beyond 3000 now
    Thats impressive
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

L.R

Old thread I know, but Greg I'm curious what bullet at what velocity were you using to be supersonic at 3000?
    My Lunatic is miles away from being supersonic at 3000 with 400CE's.

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Old thread I know, but Greg I'm curious what bullet at what velocity were you using to be supersonic at 3000?
    My Lunatic is miles away from being supersonic at 3000 with 400CE's.
    I used CEs BCs & they seemed to work out fine for me with the 375 Terminator.
    Time will tell if they still work with the 375 DCM, should do as it is pushing them about 200fps faster.
    I guess it comes down to how fast you can sensibly push them or how fast you want to push them.

L.R
    How fast we're you pushing them with the terminator? Even at 1.0 G1 they need to be going very fast.

That was how I worked it out with JBM at the time, not sure on the altitude I used.
    I was launching them 2920-30, I have a new reamer on the water so that may change.

Have you got your 375 back yet ?

L.R
    Yeah in my program they need to start over 3200 fps with a BC of 1.0 to reach 3000 supersonic. My full size cheytac can't get anywhere near supersonic at 3000 at NZ altitudes. That's using a 400 CE with a G7 of .453 at 3035fps.

I guess it depends on the BC & speed you choose to use.
    So far I have got highers speeds with the 400s & my 425s with more to come, out of our 375/408 imp-375 DCM.
    It doesn't really matter how fast it goes, it matters how accurate it is because accuracy will always be King followed by BC & speed.

L.R
    Yes being supersonic at 3000 sure does depend on the BC and speed you use. Both have to be a lot higher than we will be able to achieve at present with CE bullets and the cheytac case. Tell me what pressure are you at with the 425 exceeding 3035?

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Yes being supersonic at 3000 sure does depend on the BC and speed you use. Both have to be a lot higher than we will be able to achieve at present with CE bullets and the cheytac case. Tell me what pressure are you at with the 425 exceeding 3035?
    Please don't go there again with the pressure thing aye, it was thrashed out quite well here

http://www.nzhuntingandshooting.co.n...62/index2.html

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!