Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Keeping the 7mm ahead of the 30 cal?

L.R
    I'm not trying to say that you are over loading or anything like that. You are free to load to any pressure you feel is safe. I'm just wondering how much more pressure it takes to get a projectile that is 25 gr heavier than the one I'm shooting at a higher velocity through the same barrel and action, and I'm not positive but I'm guessing a slightly Lower capacity cartrage.

you dudes have lost me as far as that hight tech gun talk goes, get a deer in my scope pull the trigger they tip over. it cant get better than that.!!!

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    I'm not trying to say that you are over loading or anything like that. You are free to load to any pressure you feel is safe. I'm just wondering how much more pressure it takes to get a projectile that is 25 gr heavier than the one I'm shooting at a higher velocity through the same barrel and action, and I'm not positive but I'm guessing a slightly Lower capacity cartrage.
    Time will tell there will be another one going very soon so there will be three lots of data for the Cheytac parent case, with the same barrel

As to who has the biggest case capacity I don't really care

Not just an internet expert... The Claw's Avatar

Re: Keeping the 7mm ahead of the 30 cal?

Lots of riddles being spoken here...:confused::rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
    If it's not a first round hit you need to practice more

L.R
    Your right there I don't care who has the most capacity either. All I know is that you are driving a much heavier projectile faster than me and I want to get some info on how, before I race off and build a bigger chambering that does actually beat a 338 version, because at the mo my 375 wont

Quote Originally Posted by L.R View Post
    Your right there I don't care who has the most capacity either. All I know is that you are driving a much heavier projectile faster than me and I want to get some info on how, before I race off and build a bigger chambering that does actually beat a 338 version, because at the mo my 375 wont
    Have you fired it yet ?
    Do you have dies etc to reload for it ?
    The VM doesn't seem to be living up to expectations & requires a long barrel to produce any speed much over a 375-408 imp.
    I have wanted to build one for years, esp after seeing a case, but what action, barrel, dies, powder etc etc etc, so I didn't.
    The 375/408 is fairly expensive the VM will be worst.
    I will post up more info on the 375 DCM once I have done more testing & got it back from slack couriers.......

Welcome to NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums! We see you're new here, or arn't logged in. Create an account, and Login for full access including our FREE BUY and SELL section Register NOW!!