Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Muzzle Velocity Loss Across Different Ammo

I shot a hole right through my chronograph a while ago whilst testing 22 subs over it so haven't had one for a bit. Have shot a few loads through my 243 since then and I just zeroed bang on at 100 then shot them at 350, measured the drop then adjusted the velocity in strelok until it matched up, changed to a 200yd zero and then used my new data to shoot out to 550yds and works perfect, I think it's actually easier than using a chrono and can do it with the same or less rounds
    BRADS, Micky Duck and 6.5 CRD like this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    I shot a hole right through my chronograph a while ago whilst testing 22 subs over it so haven't had one for a bit. Have shot a few loads through my 243 since then and I just zeroed bang on at 100 then shot them at 350, measured the drop then adjusted the velocity in strelok until it matched up, changed to a 200yd zero and then used my new data to shoot out to 550yds and works perfect, I think it's actually easier than using a chrono and can do it with the same or less rounds
    100% I've never used a chrony.

Sent from my SM-S906E using Tapatalk
    Last edited by BRADS; 07-04-2023 at 09:19 PM.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Amature, I did it twice, again it was with .22 ammunition, on the bright side I was pretty much on the center line with both shots, some black lectricians tape and it will be fine👍
    Attached Images Attached Images