Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Need a new press, any opinions?

Quote Originally Posted by Uplandstalker View Post
    Had a big day on Saturday on my Lee anniversary single stage (900 rounds). During the many hours at the bench, I did wonder how much longer it will last. Have had approximately 8,000 round assembled with it.

I have broken a couple parts in the part, but have some extra parts I've brought back from the US on various trips over the year. Will get a Progressive shortly, but will get another single stage too (maybe RCBS or similar).

Saturday's effort below:
    Attachment 46110
    Mad, I was in the same boat until a month ago, got the Hornady lock n load mainly for 9mm. Now i just leave it setup and jump on for 20 minutes on friday night for the weekends shooting.
    Have loaded about the same amount on my same Lee and haven't broken anything, but don't use the primer system, but it is getting very gritty in the ram, even after stripping and cleaning it regularly.
    Might be looking for a replacement single stage also

I have the RCBS Rockchucker supreme mkIV I think. It spews used primers all over the place but is very solid.
    Tommy likes this.
    "I do not wish to be a pawn or canon fodder on the whims of MY Government"

Quote Originally Posted by Uplandstalker View Post
    Had a big day on Saturday on my Lee anniversary single stage (900 rounds). During the many hours at the bench, I did wonder how much longer it will last. Have had approximately 8,000 round assembled with it.

I have broken a couple parts in the part, but have some extra parts I've brought back from the US on various trips over the year. Will get a Progressive shortly, but will get another single stage too (maybe RCBS or similar).

Saturday's effort below:
    Attachment 46110
    Now I have never loaded 9mm on a single (my very first press was a Dillon 650) but have a single for rifle and odd tasks - you NEED a progressive! Frees up so much time for other things.....

However, very well done on doing that lot on a single, and enjoy emptying them
    Uplandstalker likes this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker View Post
    Now I have never loaded 9mm on a single (my very first press was a Dillon 650) but have a single for rifle and odd tasks - you NEED a progressive! Frees up so much time for other things.....

However, very well done on doing that lot on a single, and enjoy emptying them
    Would like to add that today i've purchased a progressive press for the pistol ammo!
    gadgetman, Beaker and res like this.

Can someone post a photo of these progressive presses? I have a Lee turret and I only load for two rifles.
    Dan M

Name:  1455945629044824595359.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  812.6 KB

Mine on a messy bench.... 650 with case feeder.
    mikee, Danny and Tommy like this.
    Please excuse spelling, as finger speed is sometimes behind brain spped........ Or maybe the other wayy.....

Quote Originally Posted by steven View Post
    I have the RCBS Rockchucker supreme mkIV I think. It spews used primers all over the place but is very solid.
    what i have but i modded the catcher so its better on primers

Apart from a Hornady progressive press I once owned, I've had 2x Lyman Orange Crusher presses over 35 odd years of shooting and Reloading. I think that they are a great press. I've used mine for some pretty heavy duty case sizing and loading all manner of cartridges for myself and shooting mates. Thanks to the rugged construction they have always stayed perfectly in alignment. Last lot of 6.5mm SAUM I loaded, case neck runout was .001 and all my loaded ammunition bullet runout hovered around .001 to .002.