Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: new barrel - hard to eject rounds

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    ok so I WILL ask question AGAIN..... if you close bolt on a round AND DONT FIRE IT...does it eject with ease!!!!!
    I’ll let you know WHEN I get a chance,
    Thanks

Should be tomorrow when I can try.
    Thanks

alphaDelta, answering a question you asked earlier. What can you expect after having a barrel replaced.

The short answer: you can expect whatever you specified/negotiated before the build started. If you dont know what to specify - ask the gunsmith what you can expect.

Being a gunsmith myself - this is the minimum my customers can expect:

The components as spesified/suplied to be fitted/installed to a safe standard.
    A gun that will safely fire either production or custom ammo - depending on what was specified.
    Having the gun test fired before receiving it.
    My name and a serial number engraved clearly on the new barrel.
    After sales service - with a smile.

Not mimimum anymore: but they can also expect whatever was negotiated&priced before the build starts.(I contact each customer before I start and confirm what is expected/wanted.
    Tahr, tetawa, mikee and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaDelta View Post
    I found a leather stock whip in my Ute, so used the handle(wooden handle with leather plats) to hammer the bolt open.
    Would not offer this info up when presenting said rifle back to the gunsmith, might be used as a 'get out of jail' card against you...

Quote Originally Posted by caberslash View Post
    Would not offer this info up when presenting said rifle back to the gunsmith, might be used as a 'get out of jail' card against you...
    dought that cant drive anywhere with a bolt in a rifle, needs are a must and all that

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco Goosen View Post
    alphaDelta, answering a question you asked earlier. What can you expect after having a barrel replaced.

The short answer: you can expect whatever you specified/negotiated before the build started. If you dont know what to specify - ask the gunsmith what you can expect.

Being a gunsmith myself - this is the minimum my customers can expect:

The components as spesified/suplied to be fitted/installed to a safe standard.
    A gun that will safely fire either production or custom ammo - depending on what was specified.
    Having the gun test fired before receiving it.
    My name and a serial number engraved clearly on the new barrel.
    After sales service - with a smile.

Not mimimum anymore: but they can also expect whatever was negotiated&priced before the build starts.(I contact each customer before I start and confirm what is expected/wanted.
    Thanks for the help and information.
    the long weekend hasn’t helped in regrading to anyone getting answers.
    I’m trying to give anyone and everyone benefit of the doubt. no blame ect, I’m sure it’s a simple solution. inconvenient but that’s all so far.
    no bad feeling here… yet
    Cheers
    Borris likes this.

fingers crossed I’ll manage to talk to gunsmith or at least an email response today, I’ll keep you all updated with our progress.
    thanks again for everyone’s help and input
    Cheers
    Micky Duck and Mick Hunter like this.