Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Redding die instructions needed

Not long range or precision shooting so basic specs are good enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by T.FOYE View Post
    I use graphite on the inside (known as dry lube)
    I wipe that off the outside and smear some sizing wax on (just a touch). This method will not result in a jam. That one shot stuff feels wrong imo. I have it but I don't use it much tbh. Sizing wax can be left on and it won't hurt it. Powder can stay in and it helps the seating.

What measurements are you getting off your fired brass?
    I did your method on some 308 brass today and was surprised that I bumped it 6thou back. Too far imo. I just wind my FLS die out till I measure a 1-2thou bump and then move on
    I use the same method, some brass are thicker than others, so your neck button could be a bit big to pull out on the way up, I had the problem with Lapua 308 brass, so you can first clean your die set indlucing the expander ball ( button) use the carbon lube on the neck of your brass before you resize and see if it makes it smoother. failing that, try some winchester brass or something thinner.
    Another way is use a bushing die set to make the neck tension less when you resizing your neck, this way you can change the bushing for different brand of brass to achieve the same neck tension for different thickness of brass.
    Or you can remove your neck button in the die and add a procedure of using a expander die set to open up the neck to the correct size sperately after full length resizing. This is a very good way to achive the correct neck tension and no stuck cases but adds a complete procedure and expander die and expander mandrel needed.

Quote Originally Posted by TeRei View Post
    Annealed your brass?
    Good point, it could be your brass cases are a bit old and hardened, annealing is a good way to sort this out. Also if the brass cases are not clean, and not lubed properly, it can be sticky in the die. If the die set is rusty and too greasy inside, this can cause sticky situation too. Give them a good wash in the tumbler, anneal, lube, Good luck.