Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: So what do I use for pressure signs then

Year I’ve also come across what Tussock is talking about with different brands of factory ammo.
    Didn’t know at the time as I’d not gotten into reloading so thought it was normal.
    I’ve still got most of the rounds that I shot as a kid. (Who said hoarder) now I’ve started reloading and checking these and I’m thinking this makes no sense?
    Not that I don’t ignore pressure signs just one of those observations.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Tussock...I hope your S&B brass is better than what we got in .308,shite that stuff was hard to resize,chucked it away after 2 loads before we ripped handle off press. and the hornady factory brass doing the rounds at the moment DOES have different cases...if you check the writing on base you will see it varies from one box to the next (american whitetail) it also appears they are crimping primers....MAYBE because they are loading superpreformance in same brass??? Ive heard of more than one person having major pressure signs with that stuff which is perfectly logical....after all you cant make an omlet without breaking eggs. I dont assume a hot load wont be accurate...I just dont rate speed above anything else
    as to HOW TO answer origonal question????????buggered if I know,micrometre in the webb area MAYBE???? case life definately,I would be being anul with a paperclip feeler guage to check for excess growth causing thinning...which also brings up case growth length ways.... there is 4 SUGGESTIONS.