Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What factory ammo for Browning Hells Canyon 7mm rem mag & Tikka t3x 300winMag

What factory ammo for Browning Hells Canyon 7mm rem mag & Tikka t3x 300winMag

Hey all, Im guessing this is the right place for this.

I have a browning xbolt Hells canyon in 7mm Rem mag , Suppressed aswell as a Tikka t3x Carbon stock, suppressod also in 300 win mag.

What have you found from personal experience to be the best ammo for these rifles for grouping/hunting etc.

What brand/model aswell as what weight ?

I would like to finetune, but would ike to know what experience other people have.

Those sort of calibres you really need to be reloading..... my 7mmwsm is something like $85-90 /box of 20. I guess if each time you pull the trigger it puts meat on the table its fine but it makes for expensive paper punching.

Dont have any mates that reload? Costs a bit to set up for all the bits (projectiles, powder, brass and primers, dies if needed) you need but cheaper in the long run

I’d have a look at the hornady precision hunter 162 eldx. If that’s too dear maybe some of the federal but around that 150- 160gr is about right.

yeah, I do have friends who reload. Just watiging for the opportunity for them to help me develop a load. I have brought dies but thats all i have at the moment.

In that case I'd try and find a brand that has quality brass and a range of bullet weights in your chamberings. Hopefully one weight will shoot okay and you can start stockpiling one headstamp brass for future reloads. I'd checkout hornady, Winchester and Remington offerings to start with.

I currently shoot hornady eldx in 178gr for the 7mm, and the same bullet in 200gr for the 300 win mag