Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Bullet Choice

Having tried virtually everything I can get my hands on , I truly trust cci subs, hollow point, 40g ,for me , I use them in a browning t boltt, ruger 10/22; jw 15 , for pest control , very reliable, they cycle (the best ) in my semi , they are consistent, clean and a punch
    I have recently been playing with the segmented, and am even more impressed, so quiet , but need to be in a bolt action

I have been using the aquila subs. didn't find them dirtier than anything else. They are consistently subsonic, I used to find the odd CCI would go super. I got accurate with them out to 100m (on a Little Badger and Savage Mk2). But I was having lethality issues beyond 50m (would see a definite hit and the bunny would crawl into a hole).
    Arced likes this.

CCI 40grns Subsonic hollow point burns cleanest and is the ONLY brand to use in Ruger 10/22. Winchester burns dirty and gums up the action after 100 - 150 rounds.

Bolt action Weihrauch HW60J I use only Winchester 42grn HP Subsonic. The exta weight adds kinetic energy, therefore better knock down power. CCI works just as well in the Weihrauch.

CCI solid verses hollow point, if a hollow point gives you 100% one shot kills when body shot, a solid will give you 75 - 80% consistent kills. That's not to say they don't eventually die later, but we all want instant humane kills.

Anything shot in the head with either solid or hollow is dead dead.

I'm finding BROWNING BPR High velocity 40grn HP is not grouping for me. I'm.going to try some Winchester high velocity this month in various weight. Bolt action only.
    Cypri and Arced like this.

AR7
    Hi all
    i only use CCI 40 grain subsonic in my Wabbit 10/22 [True flight bunny buster 10.5 inch barrel with an intreg supp. ]
    how ever while tarting up an open bolt semi i found it would even cycle the CCI Quiet 40 grain @ 710 f/s
    none of my other semi,s would run with these .. i havent tried killing any thing live with this ammo yet
    Have you guys come across any semi/auto that run with this very low speed 22 LR ammo
    Cheers
    Arced likes this.

I've tried the Quiet 700fps. NOT HAPPY! Lots of wounded bunnies, not a lot of one shot kills. (Head shots excluded. You might as well throw stones at them!
    Arced likes this.

I been using the quiet in a bolt action suppressed and hit in the right spot , very dead , but not so much in the chest