Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: New .22lr scope

I haven't tried many different options but have a nikko stirling fixed 6x36 night eater on my 22 and it seems to me to be a really good scope for the rifle.. Otherwise I have a Leupold VX-1 on my 223 which I've been wanting to put on the 22 for a while now / get a new scope for my 223..

In rimfire scopes , I look for a AO , or side para , and also look for it to go close , 10yds or less , good luck finding one .

res
    I'm running a vxiii 4.5-14 that I had wilham arms and optics in chch adjust the parallax on.
    Very happy with it,and using a as new scope I had rather than selling and downgrading had/has a lot of apeall.
    Using Tapatalk

I put a Vortex Crossfire on my Savage BTVLS 22lr and I have to say as bright and clarity of opics is same if not better than the Bushnell target scope that was almost twice the price. Very good value if you are looking

further details
    Vortex Optics - Crossfire II 6-18x44 AO Dead-Hold BDC dead hold hashs are really handy for dialing in to conditions or applying hold over

Go the prostaff BDC. I've got one on my CZ and I seriously rate it. Stick the holdover image for the ammo you use on the side of your gun. As long as you use a rangefinder you're good out to 100 yard headshots on bunnies, still days further. I've hit 2' targets at 130 using it.

Keep safe in the hills! Gunzrrr's Avatar
    Each to their own eh ... I shoot a lot of .22LR and thought I would invest in a 6-18x40 (ish) quality scope but I found the natural focal point for that magnification was around 100-125 yards and I wasn't reaching out that far as often as I thought so dropped back down to 4-10x40 and the clarity (focus) on all shots suits me better and I'm shooting better. Lesson for me was longer wasn't better for my application. Keep safe. Gunzrrrr