Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree378Likes

Thread: rat help

Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    I've killed quite a lot over the years just using crushed dry weetbix and dry cement powder mixed through.
    Not the nicest method but fatal.. They go straight to water and,,,,,,,well you know what happens next..ouch.
    Only issue is if they chew through the water pipes
    Moa Hunter likes this.

This rat needs some calibre pumped into the compost heap...the bigger the better...kill the bastard with concussion or make the prick leave home...build a suppressor out of a 44 gal drum so you don't annoy the neighbors.

.243 addict
    May bee if you put a sizable block of ice beside the compost, drill a hole in the middle of it and sprinkle some surprise peas around it. Sit and watch it, when that cunning old rat comes out for a pee kick him in the icehole.
    Moa Hunter and Sideshow like this.

Banned
    Get a plastic bag from off a double bed mattress, place over the compost bin when you know he is in residence and weight it down. Then with you oxy acetylene gas set run a good mix into the bag, then tape a sparkplug into the hole in the corner where you ran the gas in. Now run your wires back to your hiding spot, connect one to a car battery earth and the other through a coil or ignition unit to the pos. Ear muffs should be worn
    Sideshow, BeeMan and dannyb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Get a plastic bag from off a double bed mattress, place over the compost bin when you know he is in residence and weight it down. Then with you oxy acetylene gas set run a good mix into the bag, then tape a sparkplug into the hole in the corner where you ran the gas in. Now run your wires back to your hiding spot, connect one to a car battery earth and the other through a coil or ignition unit to the pos. Ear muffs should be worn
    You forgot......and capture it on video

Ejected
    This is sounds a lot like you need a king rat to draw it out.

I recommend inviting some politicians around, tell them there is free stuff and that parliament services will in fact pay them for the afternoon. With a pack of rats running around like that you are sure to entice the problem rat out and probably won't even have to kill it as it will bugger off with the rest of them when the bludging comes to an end, namely when the free stuff stops.
    BeeMan likes this.

Wow that only took seven pages.....you guys are so cruel.....the original op has a name of blisters and you are advising him to blow up his compost heap........ummm.....did the name not give you the hint that maybe he or she has not such a good relationship with things that got boom...don’t worry he will bae back with a new name of scorched blisters
    Wirehunt, Moa Hunter and BeeMan like this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Banned
    I would add a caution to the gas explosion technique: this can trigger earthquakes due to a seismic pulse, as we can observe has happened in Christchurch. There have now been two earthquakes following the gas demolition of the house in ChCh on Friday. The first on Saturday and another this morning. Close study of the photos from ChCh reveals that No rats are present and I have it on good authority that all rats in a large radius have legged it, making one think that this method may be a viable alternative to 1080 drops, with the reservation to not use it during the bird nesting season.
    Wirehunt likes this.

Lovin Facebook for hunters kiwijames's Avatar
    theres been a lot of shit talked but I've yet to see a bloody dead rat. Come on @Blisters sort the bastard would you. You've left me hanging in anticipation
    Moa Hunter, BeeMan and 2post like this.
    The range of what we think and do is limited by what we fail to notice. And because we fail to notice that we fail to notice, there is little we can do to change; until we notice how failing to notice shapes our thoughts and deeds

Quote Originally Posted by kiwijames View Post
    theres been a lot of shit talked but I've yet to see a bloody dead rat. Come on @Blisters sort the bastard would you. You've left me hanging in anticipation
    gahhhh tell me about it! I've even put bacon in the trap with cotton...
    Moa Hunter likes this.

I have heard, but never tried it, that rats cant stand the sight of a human male masturbating within their sight and will vacate the area forthwith...of course this does not get rid of the rat, it just makes it relocate....let us know if this bit of advice works or not.
    Moa Hunter and FatLabrador like this.

Quote Originally Posted by DavidGunn View Post
    I have heard, but never tried it, that rats cant stand the sight of a human male masturbating within their sight and will vacate the area forthwith...of course this does not get rid of the rat, it just makes it relocate....let us know if this bit of advice works or not.
    that's.. .... really quite a strange thing to write

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisters View Post
    gahhhh tell me about it! I've even put bacon in the trap with cotton...
    Now the end is nigh for the rat.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Blisters View Post
    that's.. .... really quite a strange thing to write
    Not really strange, a good bit of warped non PC humour, be stranger if you fell for it.
    By the way how did you get given the name Blisters ??

Quote Originally Posted by Moa Hunter View Post
    Not really strange, a good bit of warped non PC humour, be stranger if you fell for it.
    By the way how did you get given the name Blisters ??
    walking out of omaru hut mod winter with snow on the ground, took my boots off to cross the river and half way into poronui ended up with horrible blisters
    BeeMan and Cordite like this.