Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree87Likes

Thread: Taumarunui golf club cat / Facebook mob

Gone but not forgotten
    I currently have a cat sitting half on the back of my neck, half on the back of the couch.
    Name:  16CA7331-8B44-444C-9DEE-713A09A34EE7.jpeg
Views: 272
Size:  1.03 MB
    flock likes this.

Interesting reading, @Flyblown my original statement came from some research I did many years back when we had a problem cat shitting around our property and I was trying to figure out my rights. Looks like as you have found a lot of documents have disappeared and may have not been as legally strong as they seemed.

Anyway, we got a dog who hates cats. That stopped the problem for me.

I took a look at the Facebook group set up by the cat's owner.

Oh dear.

If this is truly where our society is going with social media, we're going to be staring at the other side of the U-bend pretty soon.

Not only is the alleged shooter named, there's been several nasty threats made against him. From what I can tell, numerous other comments naming him, posting his address and threats of violence against him have been removed in a vain attempt to keep the group reasonably above board. But there's still heaps there. Since when have ordinary people felt emboldened to make such threats publicly, under their own name (and photo)?! How nuts is that?! This old fella is in a world of bother now, that's for sure.

There's been a few posters on the thread telling the cat's owner (Geoff) to take it down or at least make it private, as it's all pretty appalling.

I've got a better understanding of why Predator Free NZ 2050 didn't go down the feral cat route now, and decided to keep that particular problem under wraps... I don't look at Facebook very often. Kinda wish I hadn't looked at this!
    Just...say...the...word

ebf
    No different from what happens here. People regularly seem to feel "bold" enough to say stuff they would never say face to face... And remember when Hera Cook and other members of GF NZ had their address details exposed here. No different in my view.

People behave like retards online... It is what it is unfortunately.
    Finnwolf likes this.
    Viva la Howa ! R.I.P. Toby | Black rifles matter... | #illegitimate_ute

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    And remember when Hera Cook and other members of GF NZ had their address details exposed here. No different in my view.
    I didn't know that. Crikey. At least there's a bit more policing going on around here now.
    Just...say...the...word

Its an odd world out there for pest controllers for sure.

Just last week I twice had one of my Pukeko traps pulled apart, damaged, and bits of it stolen to prevent me from using it to catch anything. After the first vandalism I setup a camera, mocked the trap back up again and bingo, within hours caught 2 old ladies with wire cutters trespassing onto my clients property to take my trap apart again because there was a duck in it - They even left me a note calling me a "rotten horrid duck killer" and telling me that SPCA would be there tomorrow to prosecute me.

I choose to only live trap and check all my traps daily to release anything that isn't targeted/permitted, same with cats - I trap first then determine if they are wild or pet before dispatch.

Anyway, footage given to cops, they posted the old ladies photos to facebook and had their contact details within an hour. Will be interesting to see what they are charged with and how much reparation they have to pay me.
    Trout, tetawa, Bill999 and 8 others like this.

Just watched that vid grrr.If i was the cat owner,i wouldve stood in front of thats c...s drivers door and called the cops.F.... tosser.He can try and move my 140kgs if he likes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mintie View Post
    Its an odd world out there for pest controllers for sure.

Just last week I twice had one of my Pukeko traps pulled apart, damaged, and bits of it stolen to prevent me from using it to catch anything. After the first vandalism I setup a camera, mocked the trap back up again and bingo, within hours caught 2 old ladies with wire cutters trespassing onto my clients property to take my trap apart again because there was a duck in it - They even left me a note calling me a "rotten horrid duck killer" and telling me that SPCA would be there tomorrow to prosecute me.

I choose to only live trap and check all my traps daily to release anything that isn't targeted/permitted, same with cats - I trap first then determine if they are wild or pet before dispatch.

Anyway, footage given to cops, they posted the old ladies photos to facebook and had their contact details within an hour. Will be interesting to see what they are charged with and how much reparation they have to pay me.
    Ducks are nice to eat,id ask you if i can have it for the pot.lols.Thats why we have duck shooting season,get rid of the millions out there destoying crops and doing a lot of damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ebf View Post
    No different from what happens here. People regularly seem to feel "bold" enough to say stuff they would never say face to face... And remember when Hera Cook and other members of GF NZ had their address details exposed here. No different in my view.

People behave like retards online... It is what it is unfortunately.
    Except me!

I behave like a retard regardless where I am!

But seriously, keyboard warriors abound even on this site.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    ‘Many of my bullets have died in vain’

Cats can be considered property, which opens up s269 of the crimes act.

yeah I live on the road where people dump cats in my area to "set them free"
    my best month I caught 32
    all live capture and all looked at very closely before dispatching
    I also ask the nabours if they have a cat and what it looks like

its not hard to avoid killing pet cats around residential areas that guy is just a clown.
    Its always best to let cats go if you are unsure and there are houses near by, easy enough to trap later in a live capture

whether or not you like cats is inconsequential, that was a shitty move by the shooter not to see a cat and consider if it is someones pet when there are houses around that close
    buzzman, Micky Duck, flock and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hoang2022chinmpzz View Post
    Sim siêu khủng giá siêu rẻ, sim trả trÆ°Æ¡c chÃ*nh chủ giao sim trên toÃ*n quốc, nháº*n sim chuyển đổi chÃ*nh chủ xong má»›i nháº*n tiá»n

>>>> CLICK VÀO ÄÂY ÄỂ ÄẶT MUA SIM <<<

SIM GIAO NGAY SAU KHI ÄẶT MUA TRONG 1 Ná»T NHáº*C!

Mobi:
    1)0774567899 1tr
    2)09077.76543 300k
    4)0899.233333 6tr

Vina:
    2)0888797979 1tr
    3)0839339393 1tr
    4)0919876543 2tr

Vietel:
    1)0965001234 300k
    2)0369979797 500k

Sim cặp:
    1)0869998898(viettel) 1tr
    2)0859998898 (vina) 1tr

098.898.4444=500k

098.979.6666=
    1tr
    0972668888=4tr

0978817777=2 tr
    0908.99.6688=1tr
    0906.38.9999=2r

0901.59.9999=10tr
    What's all of this then, an order number for cat at your restaurant?
    Micky Duck likes this.
    I'd like to verify your clam.

Its in VietNamese, so will be the order number for dogs, not cats

You should’ve seen the back lash that ITM Marton got after the counter cat Rodney (that no bugger could even get near) was dumped out of town by some of the workers. They were getting death threats from overseas, it was a bloody shit show!! Google Rodney the cat and you’ll get 10s of bloody articles pop up. It was Karen’s to the power of 100.

I’m sick to death of the neighbours cats shitting on our lawn and vegie gardens, I like the neighbours, they’re good people. Apart from letting their bloody cats roam. Has anyone got any non violent solutions to the issue that they’ve had success with?

High Voltage the higher the better.

Nah, seriously, Electric fence, small battery powered job connected to low wires, they make a hell of noise when they touch and run off all frazzled/fluffed up.
    Bloody hilarious..