Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Wobblies

What the hells wrong with you bunch of pussies? Shooting sticks and bipods! Can't you hold a rifle freehand and shoot? FFS, us oldies don't need an extra hand to hold the rifle. At the most it's sit on your arse and use the knee as support.
    Dundee likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by navman View Post
    What the hells wrong with you bunch of pussies? Shooting sticks and bipods! Can't you hold a rifle freehand and shoot? FFS, us oldies don't need an extra hand to hold the rifle. At the most it's sit on your arse and use the knee as support.
    That may be a reason there are lots of animals around, all those times you didnt have some sort of shooting aid joking
    VIVA LA HOWA

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by navman View Post
    Sitting on your arse with your elbows braced on the inside of your knees is a great way to shoot. Steady as!
    scottrods likes this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

I'm new to this game and not being too young myself I need all the help I can get. I can no longer bend and palm the ground or put my foot behind my head as I used to be able to do. I can just get my fingers past my knees on a good day and couldn't sit as described by Rushy. Many days I cannot actually get up and have to knock myself out for several hours, I have enough of this stuff to knock out a herd of elephants. So for me I am happy to carry and use what works for me.

GM I wasn't slinging off. Just saying that the sitting position is a good steady one (like the prone position) to shoot from.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    GM I wasn't slinging off. Just saying that the sitting position is a good steady one (like the prone position) to shoot from.
    Not grumpy at anyone, just pointing out to navman why I use a bipod. Because this body is so knackered I'm pretty limited with what I can do. Occasionally I can use the prone position but I find it too low in a lot of the scrub/tussock land down here. I just have to get inventive at times.

Sitting unsupported, I aced my AWQ on that stand

Just remember though Rushy, soft on soft, hard on soft, but never hard on hard! Ouch!
    She loves the free fresh wind in her hair; Life without care. She's broke but it's oke; that's why the lady is a tramp.

Dougie all this talk about hard and soft should be censored on a website that the young fellahs in the Wairarapa frequent.

"Hard on soft" sounds like a trip to the docs is in order
    Dougie likes this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Dougie all this talk about hard and soft should be censored on a website that the young fellahs in the Wairarapa frequent.
    Do tell, for the uninitiated plebs like me. Just put a look away warning for these impressionable youngsters from the Wairarapa.

Kinda know what yer on about GM. Frustrating as when things dont work like they used to and just to get around is aided by pain killers. Yep can empathise with you. I have a bipod, wish the legs were longer though.