Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By yeah_na_missed

Thread: Anyone have to do an overseas police check for FAL?

cally woo

Anyone have to do an overseas police check for FAL?

If so, what company and option did you go for?

What an absolute arsewipe of a question that is - I have Jacinda to thank for locking us up for two years - those two years of keeping me in the country meant I snuck under the limit, by mere days.

But then, it said specifically country - good job that England, Scotland and Wales are all separate countries.

The bar is so so low- covering a period of ten years - not many people could keep records good enough to verify the time away.

What are you guys talking about?

John, If you've lived out of NZ, you need a police check certificate to show you weren't a naughty boy/girl while away. I think it's actually pretty reasonable, but I'm sure not everyone does.

Cally Woo, I lived in UK, so went through British Police Criminal Records Office.
    Links here:
    https://www.gov.uk/copy-of-police-records, but I just saw when clicking on the link that the website is down due to a cyber attack, so email address below that. The process was pretty quick for me, a lot less than the estimated time. They only send original paper copies, not digital.

ACRO Criminal Records Office
    +44(0) 2380 479 920
    customer.services@acro.pnn.police.uk
    dannyb likes this.
    bunji likes this.

I had some dealings with this a couple of years ago for my uncle who lives un Zurich, but returns to NZ every year.

What an absolute shit fight. Even though we did everything that the Police wanted they still did not want to grant the licence. No one had the guts to sign the thing off.

Eventually the threat of Nic Taylor getting involved and taking them to Court did it. The licence just turned up in the mail, no notification, nothing.

The level of service was appalling.