Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree371Likes

Thread: Anyone hunting with a 9.3x62

I bought a Boyds stock for my sons Husky 1600, had to be a large ring tho, and then bedded, as the Husky has small ring dimensions. Easy job, only hiccup is that the Boyds stock has a reinforcing pin right about where the trigger is, so that had to be cut out when taking out a small amount of wood around the trigger area for final fitting. Not visible from the outside.
    Toby likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by john m View Post
    I can't be the only one.Rifles are available from Ruger,Tikka,CZ and Zastava to name just a few.Ammo is usually there the next day but is rather spendy.Reloading components no problem with a good selection of 9.3 [.366] projectiles.This is a caliber that really packs a punch but is mild to shoot and in all my years hunting never have I come across another hunter with one.I see them for sale sometimes in shops and trademe so they are out there.I am loading Norma Oryx 285 gr and nothing shot so far has moved more than 3m and that was because that deer fell down a bank.If one of this team has used the Nosler 250 gr accubond on deer at longer ranges I would like to know how they perform and the load used as I've just got some to try.A bonus with the 9.3x62 is the lack of meat damage but the internals are torn up bad.

.243 30-30 303 9.3x62 250 gr Nosler Accubond 285 gr Norma Oryx

Attachment 6108
    Hi there John, well I have finally found a 9.3x62 so looking forward to it arriving next week some time...

I will look forward to photos and a range report.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.

Extremely popular in aussie.

I have owned three 9.3x62 love them, current one is a Domoulin

I have a 9.3x 57 and have an order on the way 95 grain projectiles hollow point. Projectiles are factory made and powder loads will start from 1750fps and work up

Quote Originally Posted by kawekakid View Post
    I have a 9.3x 57 and have an order on the way 95 grain projectiles hollow point. Projectiles are factory made and powder loads will start from 1750fps and work up
    You sure you got that right, I have never even seen 200gr in 9.3 bore, 95gr, seams wrong,
    Been trying for ages to source 235gr Norma pojectials for mine. Picked up a box of lapua 286gr today.
    The husky doesn't seam to be too fussy, so far everything in 286gr I have tried (Norma, hornady and lapua) 3-4" group 5 shot group over irons at 100m.

southernman, the 235 gr come up on trademe sometimes, here in nz

I use the speer 270 grn as a goto pill for general shooting, have 286grn laupa megas along with some woodleighs but for a good strong projecvtile I like the Rhino 286 grn or 320

M03
    I had a Husqvarna in the calibre, great rifle as I wonder why I sold it. This calibre is making a real come back I hear with Samber hunters over in Aus.

Domulin 9.3x62

Name:  IMG_3264.jpg
Views: 4643
Size:  384.6 KB

My 9.3x62
    20.5 inch barrel
    Leupold FX11 2.5x20
    QD rings
    Last edited by roostershooter; 13-03-2014 at 10:27 PM.
    jakewire, Wildman, Toby and 3 others like this.

That is awesome, Dumoulin is a fantastic rifle builder, i am very jealous!
    I had the priveledge of handling a custom .505 Gibbs take-down rifle they had built for one of my uncles clients, the workmanship was second to none, it was featured in an article in Magnum (south african hunting and firearm magazine) a couple of years ago, i'll see if i can find it and post it for you.
    roostershooter likes this.
    "Here's the deal I'm the best there is. Plain and simple. I wake up in the morning and I piss excellence."

cheers spud, that would be cool

well I finally have my 9.3x62... its a Husqvarna 640. I have just put 20 rounds through it. I am loading a 250gr Woodleigh PP SN and at the moment grouping 50mm at 100m with the open sights...
    Name:  photo.jpg
Views: 1558
Size:  822.2 KB
    Wildman, veitnamcam, Toby and 3 others like this.

I need to check the gun safe, looks just like mine without the scope. Those Woodleigh's will work real well on all NZ game animals. A good recoil pad will help tame the top loads when shooting targets.
    Velocity is thrilling,but diameter does the real killing.