Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: Attracting deer onto your property / farm

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Buy it through farmsource or PGG Wrightson etc we buy it to put in water supply to encourage cows to drink and mask minerals etc
    Grapple would be the go
    If my work annoys me, I cull them

I had a cat once and for a experiment open all the different flavour small pet food pouches / sachets for him to choose from and naturally he chosed one he liked over the others. Which meant obviously that was his favourite food to buy over others in the future ?

If "wild deer visitors" were visiting your farm what food goodies would a traditional sheep and beef farmer outlay for them ?
    So if all the paddock food supplements mentioned above were lined up next to one another what would the main winner be?

Horticulture products....? There is photos on the web of white tail deer eating carrots, tomatoes, cabbage, potatoes, mushrooms and other food stuff? It is stated on the web that the NZ Kereru and other birds can get a bit tipsy on fermented fruit berries. It also been mentioned that whitetail deer eating apples / fermented from an abandon orchard in the USA appeared to be in a inebriated condition. Anyone ever seen a drunk deer in NZ?