Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Auckland deer cull info

Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    As is posted elsewhere, the ARC gave the South head herd recognition after representation from WFMC. We were not aware or notified as a 'stake holder' that the 'Super City' reclassified deer in the Auckland region and there was no consultation with us.

Here are some other details that you may not be aware of.....

The ACC rep at the meeting on friday night explained that all they wanted to do basically was to cull deer from the farms adjacent to the Ototoa reserve to protect the boidiversity of that reserve.
    Some of you may recall that not so long ago your ballot fee contained a 'fencing levy' which was used by WFMC to fence the Ototoa reserve to protect it. On completion, the fence was 'turned over to DOC/ARC to monitor and maintain. When I asked the 'Pest' representative at the meeting as to why they needed to cull deer from the surrounding properties he replied that the fence had holes in it. No money was ever budgeted for upkeep of the fence from my understanding.
    I pointed out that the Council should suspend their cull and use the money to fix the fence so that the deer would be kept out of the biodiversity area rather than send their cullers onto adjacent private property upsetting the locals etc etc.........And that the whole purpose was to keep the deer out so why dont they fix the fence......

He was going to discuss that option with his superior.........but I dont hold out much hope for logic to prevail.

From the tone of the meeting and the locals who presented their views, I doubt if permission will be given to the cullers to continue.
    Allgood, all those legacy RDC, ARC budgets as separate line items have long disappeared into black holes and as I may have mentioned to Woody via PM, all the old ARC staff have been replaced by uni graduates.
    Very disappointing.

I'm ex ARC myself.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    Allgood, all those legacy RDC, ARC budgets as separate line items have long disappeared into black holes and as I may have mentioned to Woody via PM, all the old ARC staff have been replaced by uni graduates.
    Very disappointing.

I'm ex ARC myself.
    I agree. Most Uni graduates fall into what I call the unmarried marriage guidance counsellor category. Learn it out of books then apply it in real world scenarios.............
    Barefoot likes this.