Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree261Likes

Thread: Bad feeling

here is a quick one . I will call it a ufo story but I am not sure that is the best description .... Let you lot decide what you think it may have been .
    Me and my other half at the time , again 25 odd yrs ago , were coming back from the wellington on my yammy FZR1000 I had at the time . We had gotten off the late ferry and were coming over the local hill just outside of nelson called the wangamoas . Any one passing through nelson will know the road as is the only way into nelson from the north . Very tight winding road as you come down the hill into nelson . It was late , probably 2 o'clock or so in the morning .
    So here we were slowly winding our way over the top and down the nelson side . No visible moon as the hill was hiding it .
    I noticed a light in my mirrors behind us. Pale blue , smallish , not particularly bright . Didn't think much of it .
    kept an eye on it as it kept appearing in my mirrors after rounding a corner so it was plainly following us . I then started wondering where it had come from as we hadn't had anyone behind us before we hit the top of the hill and there were no side roads for someone to pull out from . Then I started to twig that it wasn't actually lighting any of the road up as a headlight would and the colour was wrong for a headlight . This is when headlights were all bulbs with the off yellow light , not the white/blue lights like today . And it seemed to vary in height above the road ....
    I actually started looking for the light shining on the road or hillside where it was cut into the hill as we approached corners as you would expect a car/bike light to do when behind you but nothing ....
    I started speeding up as this light was right up our arse and I was getting a little worried about an accident . It got to the point I was going well fast enough to remove any doubt about it being a pushbike as there is no way a bike would have kept up .
    It followed us most of the way down the hill - then just wasn't there any more .
    So I wouldn't say it was a ufo as in an alien spacecraft as it certainly wasn't big enough to have anyone inside it , but don't know what else to call it . Only appeared to be headlight sized in the mirrors , but was like no headlight I have ever seen . Wrong colour , to dim , it was lit up but not projecting light like a headlight . Was way to fast for a pushbike light . And appeared to be floating .
    Strange ....
    born to hunt - forced to work

ross might have had a "bad feeling"
    Name:  P1270001aaa.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  3.74 MB
    NRT, rugerman, on2it and 2 others like this.

lol your feeling wont be much better if you rest that barrel on the hotwire

Quote Originally Posted by scotty View Post
    ross might have had a "bad feeling"
    Attachment 176404

Quote Originally Posted by rugerman View Post
    lol your feeling wont be much better if you rest that barrel on the hotwire
    ESPECILY with your finger on the trigger

Quote Originally Posted by HILLBILLYHUNTERS View Post
    ESPECILY with your finger on the trigger
    no bolt not loaded as per land owners request while crossing his land

Heres mine.
    When I was young and used to go pig hunting with my old man, we would get up early for the 1 hr drive and have a big feed of bacon and eggs.
    He would cook the food and then come and tap me on the foot to wake me and I would get up, we'd eat the fry up and drive off.
    A few days after he passed on, I got this tap on my foot.
    It didnt scare me or anything like that, but I knew it was him.
    He used to love Tui's and would point them out religously when we hunted. Nowadays they dive bomb me in a flit of feathers and speed, I know who they are.