Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Like Tree134Likes

Thread: Bugger the rain

Could you tow those heifers behind a push bike?I,m sure that's the intent.Where in hell,s name does our diesel tax go?

Around here they've started fixing the worst "blow outs" and continuous potholing by digging out and hot mix the area, the bitching must have fell on someone with "vision".

Quote Originally Posted by Trout View Post
    I hate to run a wee mini on that road,youd kill it or any other small car.Some of the pot holes are axle breakers.
    As a wee mini owner the state of the potholes makes for exciting driving. It's like the 1965 Monte Carlo ralle flash backs.

Name:  Screenshot_20220610-100533_Facebook.jpg
Views: 218
Size:  151.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by stumpys View Post
    As a wee mini owner the state of the potholes makes for exciting driving. It's like the 1965 Monte Carlo ralle flash backs.
    Corker! Is that yours? I had a 1275GT in the 80s that I sold to fund a trip to Aus. Man I miss that car.

Another fat belt of rain this morning, heavy, persistent, unwelcome. Our cattle are beginning to look mighty cheesed off.
    Just...say...the...word

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Corker! Is that yours? I had a 1275GT in the 80s that I sold to fund a trip to Aus. Man I miss that car.

Another fat belt of rain this morning, heavy, persistent, unwelcome. Our cattle are beginning to look mighty cheesed off.

Yes. 1275gt bored out to 1330. I dodge potholes faster now.
    tetawa, Shearer, Finnwolf and 1 others like this.

Mate and me squeezed a 1750 maxi motor in

Good news !
    The drought has broken

It stopped raining at 3pm yesterday
    still haven't seen the sun
    Now its raining again
    Typical BP we catch the tail of all the storms with sticking out from the coast

The rain can really bugger off now, had just been to town and stopped to check a water take we have up against the hills, usually it’s a quiet little creek but it’s a raging torrent at the moment and there was heaps of crap all built up around the intake so was fluffing around trying to clear that and ended up in the drink, pushed a wee way down stream and under some willows that had collapsed into the creek shit myself as I saw what was about to happen and really thought this is it I’m gonna get pinned down under these. After the shock of nearly drowning myself wore off discovered I also had my phone, wallet, and calving notebook in various pockets, all gone. Damn the rain!
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    The rain can really bugger off now, had just been to town and stopped to check a water take we have up against the hills, usually it’s a quiet little creek but it’s a raging torrent at the moment and there was heaps of crap all built up around the intake so was fluffing around trying to clear that and ended up in the drink, pushed a wee way down stream and under some willows that had collapsed into the creek shit myself as I saw what was about to happen and really thought this is it I’m gonna get pinned down under these. After the shock of nearly drowning myself wore off discovered I also had my phone, wallet, and calving notebook in various pockets, all gone. Damn the rain!
    Lucky it was just the phone etc.
    Mate. Take care out there.
    Micky Duck likes this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

That's 'in the blink of an eye' stuff.
    Be careful out there
    Micky Duck likes this.

Lucky man
    When hunting think safety first

Drowning in a river - known throughout the "empire" as "the New Zealand death". You were very fortunate not to have a worse outcome! Unless its a life or death situation don't ever go into brown water - as a teenager I survived a Nth Island river in a minor flood through what seemed like divine intervention!
    rugerman and Micky Duck like this.

Sounds like you are one lucky duck Ryan. sometimes when you see carnage everywhere it's best to go home and have a coffee and leave it for another day.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Micky Duck, 7mm Rem Mag and dannyb like this.

Right it can stop now
    Last day of July and it has poured all night and still heaving down

July has broken rainfall records several days ago and looks like it's going for a number that will be ( hopefully ) hard to beat

I have a friend locally that has been keeping weather data records in a proper amateur weather station for 33 years so will rely on him for the final word

But we will be talking about that wet July in 22 until it happens again
    tetawa and Matt2308 like this.

On a positive note. I borrowed a digger during one of our lockdowns and built a retaining wall to extend the lawn a bit.
    Ran a few lengths of drainage coil in gravel across the lawn and linked it up with the one at the bottom of the lawn.
    Very happy with the result.
    Every other year the lawns been a sodden mud pit. This year even with all the rain, no mud, nice firm top.

Sorry to rain on your parade.
    rugerman, Moa Hunter and Localman like this.