Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By gimp
  • 5 Post By 223nut
  • 1 Post By 223nut

Thread: Cant book stewart island for 12 months in advance

Cant book stewart island for 12 months in advance

I was booked for Bosom block 23 May this year- Obviously dead in the water now have airfares iI want to credit to use within 12 months so try to look at booking a block next year

WTF? Go onto site can’t book due to “covid risk”—- for Pete’s sake we are talking for 12 months out.... !!!!!you would think DOC staff can work remotely to administer this and I would expect in 12 months we “should “ be all okay for hunting (or is that part of the greater agenda to stamp out hunting- the gun toting irresponsible baddies we are) there is NO logic . That along with no hunting level 3 which as per previous threads defies all logic don’t hold your breath for that being “allowed “.This smacks of a leftist driven anti hunter/firearms agenda peddled by taxcinda and co they of course deny it but remember this and vote accordingly

Quote Originally Posted by ex-NZFS View Post
    I was booked for Bosom block 23 May this year- Obviously dead in the water now have airfares iI want to credit to use within 12 months so try to look at booking a block next year

WTF? Go onto site can’t book due to “covid risk”—- for Pete’s sake we are talking for 12 months out.... !!!!!you would think DOC staff can work remotely to administer this and I would expect in 12 months we “should “ be all okay for hunting (or is that part of the greater agenda to stamp out hunting- the gun toting irresponsible baddies we are) there is NO logic . That along with no hunting level 3 which as per previous threads defies all logic don’t hold your breath for that being “allowed “.This smacks of a leftist driven anti hunter/firearms agenda peddled by taxcinda and co they of course deny it but remember this and vote accordingly
    They must be working remotely because iv had emails from them saying that at this stage their holding off bookings . The moari blocks are still taking bookings as far as I no i preempted a cluster in bookings day one of lock down and secured a moari block march 16th next year. Have also read that the moari blocks have auto moved everybody who missed out to the same time period next year or offers a refund and prompted them via email with their options

Z

What time period do you think would be reasonable to suspend bookings for?
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    What time period do you think would be reasonable to suspend bookings for?
    I would have thought that given the bookings are 1 year in advance that there should be no reason to suspend these- they are not the same as current permits so in answer I don’t think ANY suspension is reasonable

Quote Originally Posted by Kelton View Post
    They must be working remotely because iv had emails from them saying that at this stage their holding off bookings . The moari blocks are still taking bookings as far as I no i preempted a cluster in bookings day one of lock down and secured a moari block march 16th next year. Have also read that the moari blocks have auto moved everybody who missed out to the same time period next year or offers a refund and prompted them via email with their options

Z
    What block have you got?

We had our booking for Chew Tabaco canceled.

Haven’t had any communication from RMLT extending an offer to refund or relocate the booking.

In the interests of securing the dates and block we want I have rebooked and paid another deposit fee in good faith that they will transfer the payment….still trying to get hold of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden C View Post
    What block have you got?

Haven’t had any communication from RMLT extending an offer to refund or relocate the booking.

In the interests of securing the dates and block we want I have rebooked and paid another deposit fee in good faith that they will transfer the payment….still trying to get hold of them!
    Big Kuri march 19 threw 26th it is . Il see if i can find link about the refund/date shift

Quote Originally Posted by Hayden C View Post
    What block have you got?

PM sent @Hayden C

PM sent @Hayden C
    I deleted one of your posts as it had your name/address in the image and that is not a good PerSec move
    ZQLewis likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    I deleted one of your posts as it had your name/address in the image and that is not a good PerSec move
    Cheers mate

PM sent @Hayden C
    Thanks.

Seems some people may have been contacted, I haven't.

The RMLT are notoriously difficult to deal with. Happy to take your money but when it comes to following up on the issuing of permits and refunding payments you can never get hold of anyone.

Anyway, apologies for the thread hijack.

Well if anyone is still coming over to the island and coming into the village give me a message.

Access to private land with clearings and treestands, 5min walk from car
    Matt2308, Shearer, ROKTOY and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post
    Well if anyone is still coming over to the island and coming into the village give me a message.

Il catch up for a beer for sure on our return we like to stop the night in oban try and convince ty to come have a beer as a thankyou had some knarly boat rides to date

Quote Originally Posted by 223nut View Post

@223nut is this your old cafe? https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/property...2?bof=q67UZ2aU

I was there when old Fox was making the roaring forties beer
    Shut up, get out & start pushing!

I was there when old Fox was making the roaring forties beer[/QUOTE]

Sounds like your due a trip to the island, the current owner has had it for 25years
    Shearer likes this.