Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: C'mon you Mainlanders, get with it, blazing guns required..

Might be time to have a ring around the gibbston Valley blocks to offer a night shooting service. Very reasonable rates and all.
    viper, Padox and Dusty Fog like this.
    Every machine is a smoke machine,
    If you use it wrong enough.

Shot 583 varmints in last two south cantab visits - and that's just doing recce of new stations. Looking for at least that per visit in future..

Happy to charge exhorbitant rates to take some northerners out...

Quote Originally Posted by mudgripz View Post
    Shot 583 varmints in last two south cantab visits - and that's just doing recce of new stations. Looking for at least that per visit in future..

Happy to charge exhorbitant rates to take some northerners out...
    I'm driving down in March..no doubt the pop will have doubled by then. Never mind the exorbitant rates my friend, I'll just fake the hillbilly accent and go door knocking on my own
    mudgripz likes this.
    I know a lot but it seems less every day...

Me & the missus have been doing our bit ,we have a busy time coming up so have been keeping the neighbors farms numbers down & stocking up on dog tucker for a while to see them fed over xmas while we are away , here is the results of a couple of hours spotlighting last nights effort .

We have been on our farm for 14yrs now & about 6 yrs ago the rabbit numbers crashed & this year is the first year there has been good numbers again .

Name:  RED Dog Tucker Sml.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  94.4 KB
    mudgripz, Mooseman and NEO like this.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

@Mauser308 , don't believe everything you read mate.
    Brad Pitt summed it up the best , what you read from the press is like Orange juice. 10% is juice, 90% is crap added.
    Look at the photo, the guys talking shit . Some areas are bad and smaller lifestyle blocks are probably the worst but there's a bigger story to this and it's hinted at in the article.
    The council have stopped their rabbit control program and handed the problem back to the land owner .
    Some are pro - active , some are not or don't want to be or feel it's the council ducking their responsibility. Either way it does need managing before it does become a huge problem.

NEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    Me & the missus have been doing our bit ,we have a busy time coming up so have been keeping the neighbors farms numbers down & stocking up on dog tucker for a while to see them fed over xmas while we are away , here is the results of a couple of hours spotlighting last nights effort .

We have been on our farm for 14yrs now & about 6 yrs ago the rabbit numbers crashed & this year is the first year there has been good numbers again .

Attachment 184437
    Good hunt and nice rabbits. Any decent hares there? Do`t know about you, but i kind of likes to eat rabbits, smoke them or roast.
    Lone Hunter

NEO
    I am not very positive about the k5 virus which has been deployed since 2017, cost millions of dollars with extra cost of 100 dollars per hectare.
    In 90s, rabbits was a problem for farmer in inner Mongolia, they turned many grasslands to desert. Farmers only can rely on cold winter, the whiteout, wolfs, fox to control their numbers. Shooting was not an effective way since there were no fit firearms and enough ammo supply. But now rabbits has became protected species for years, they were hunted out and ate out.
    Lone Hunter

" Good hunt and nice rabbits. Any decent hares there? Do`t know about you, but i kind of likes to eat rabbits, smoke them or roast."

@NEO We never seem to get many hares ,but we did drop a couple a few nights before .Yeh we both still like a feed of Rabbit ,in fact l am going to cook up a couple of these later on in the week ,but most of these will go for dog tucker over the Xmas break as we will be in for a
    busy time with a birthday get together for a few days thrown in to the usual xmas /new year stuff.
    NEO likes this.
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

I'd be more than happy to donate my time and ammo to this cause but unfortunately it's a long commute from Palmy.

Also think the same whenever I drive past Mt Bruce in the wairarapa. 100s of rabbits In the paddocks at any time of the day.

NEO
    Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    " Good hunt and nice rabbits. Any decent hares there? Do`t know about you, but i kind of likes to eat rabbits, smoke them or roast."

@NEO We never seem to get many hares ,but we did drop a couple a few nights before .Yeh we both still like a feed of Rabbit ,in fact l am going to cook up a couple of these later on in the week ,but most of these will go for dog tucker over the Xmas break as we will be in for a
    busy time with a birthday get together for a few days thrown in to the usual xmas /new year stuff.
    Yeah. It `s great to have nice big family to get together. Can `t wait to see your cooked rabbits.cheers
    Lone Hunter

Quote Originally Posted by Padox View Post
    Good luck in finding many round tarras md everyone is fairly on top of them long may it last
    When driving through I've noticed that with the changing land use around your region Padox, the rabbit population has dropped significantly. Places where they were once rampant are looking very green. Its great to see. We just need to get the lifestyle blocks to get their act together.

Quote Originally Posted by hamsav View Post
    ha ah " worth a crack Nigel " faaaaark that was a while ago , I thought I was the only one left using that , most peeps think Im nuts .
    I want to call my boat Nigel but the Mrs .........well
    but its a cheeezel !!!!!!