Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Dehy food with cold water ? Real Meals

Nathan Faevae had the idea to make something that doesnt even need a jet boil - good idea.
    But is it any good or not ?

We had only swamp water with aquatab and no stove and made up the chocolate pudding pack. Sauce was pretty good and there were nice crunchy biscuit like chunks 8/10.
    Breakfast was the Cheese Mash. The potato flakes 80% reconstituted to a chilly pug and the cheese seemed to stay in hydrophobic crunchy bits. Not like any actual food eaten before in my life 4/10. Walked pretty well and had no real problem craving for food after that.

There is something to be said about making you feel human with a hot meal. If you're just after sustenance cold water is fine - a hot meal warms your cockles after a long day.
    Was BINGO the name of the farmer or the dog?

MB
    Search "cold soak" on YouTube.

I saw a video somewhere where an army platoon had its entire meal ready to go in a big box.
    Soldier pulls a little rope on the side to activate some sort of chemical reaction and 30 minutes later all the pre packed meals inside were hot and ready to eat.
    Something similar where a hunter only has to add water and pull a string to get a hot meal ready to go would sell well here I reckon.

MB
    Quote Originally Posted by Maddoghunter View Post
    I saw a video somewhere where an army platoon had its entire meal ready to go in a big box.
    Soldier pulls a little rope on the side to activate some sort of chemical reaction and 30 minutes later all the pre packed meals inside were hot and ready to eat.
    Something similar where a hunter only has to add water and pull a string to get a hot meal ready to go would sell well here I reckon.
    https://www.omeals.com/