Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree48Likes

Thread: Ebikes for hunting

Few questions here:
    I’m looking at getting one for pig hunting in forestry.
    The spot where the pigs mostly are is 10k from the Ute. It’s about k up gentle incline, then 5k down into a valley. Trick is to ride the e bike down to bottom of valley, hunt all day on foot, then have it easy cruising back up the long hill. Doesn’t matter if battery is flat once I get to the top, cos it’s all downhill from there to the Ute.

Question 1.
    Would the battery handle that? Or would I be left pushing my $$$$ bike up the hill?

Question 2.
    Do they self charge by way of pedalling or rolling down hills?

I look at the size of the batteries and compare them with my power tools, and can’t help but think an e bike would be flat within minutes.
    Micky Duck likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoghunter View Post
    Few questions here:
    I’m looking at getting one for pig hunting in forestry.
    The spot where the pigs mostly are is 10k from the Ute. It’s about k up gentle incline, then 5k down into a valley. Trick is to ride the e bike down to bottom of valley, hunt all day on foot, then have it easy cruising back up the long hill. Doesn’t matter if battery is flat once I get to the top, cos it’s all downhill from there to the Ute.

Question 1.
    Would the battery handle that? Or would I be left pushing my $$$$ bike up the hill?

Question 2.
    Do they self charge by way of pedalling or rolling down hills?

I look at the size of the batteries and compare them with my power tools, and can’t help but think an e bike would be flat within minutes.
    Our e mountain bikes have a 700wh battery and running on eco mode you can get 70-80km.
    In full power turbo you will probably halve that milage, they don't charge while peddling but also don't use power going down hill free wheeling.
    The more weight you load them up with the quicker they will suck the battery.

Sent from my CPH2145 using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck and BSA270 like this.

I have an acquaintance who boasts his E MTB cost him 26 grand. I said for 26K the fecker better peddle itself!!

MSL
    Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    I have an acquaintance who boasts his E MTB cost him 26 grand. I said for 26K the fecker better peddle itself!!
    Yep, for that money I’d be buying a 300 2t enduro and a really nice mountain bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Micky Duck and BSA270 like this.

Tahr and BSA270 like this.

ok so how cheap (oh dear there the Scottish blood coming out) will a fella get bike that will travel say 20-30kms over easy enough mostly flat ground on 4 wheeler track with a little mud but all creeks easy to walk across less than shin deep...and carry fat arsed 120kg fella and hopefully 30kg pack on way out???
    75/15/10 black powder matters

also...is there solar trickle chargers that are approved/compatable yet???

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    also...is there solar trickle chargers that are approved/compatable yet???
    Most E MTBs top out at 100kg fat arse. So that's a lot of us out of the equation already.

For solar recharging: take @25/08 IMP s 700 watthour battery. With a flash harry Kings 200 watt folding soft solar panel plus a regulator and then some form of charger you will be looking in reality about 8 hours of a sunny day to fully recharge it.

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Most E MTBs top out at 100kg fat arse. So that's a lot of us out of the equation already.

For solar recharging: take @25/08 IMP s 700 watthour battery. With a flash harry Kings 200 watt folding soft solar panel plus a regulator and then some form of charger you will be looking in reality about 8 hours of a sunny day to fully recharge it.
    That's good to know cause it's always hard planning ride so you have enough battery.
    Not normally an issue you can get battery extender but $$$

well Im out of equasion then...no friggin good if 100kgs is it.....would be tie load to bike and walk alongside it..might as well use a wheel barrow... thanks for heads up.....
    308 likes this.

well Im out of equasion then...no friggin good if 100kgs is it.....would be tie load to bike and walk alongside it..might as well use a wheel barrow... thanks for heads up.....
    The nam war was won on bikes been pushed with 3x 100lb bags of rice on board via the hochiminh trail . only need a cheapo treadly as well and still ride downhill .

There's always a trailer.
    https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/marketpl...E&gclsrc=aw.ds
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

They will easily handle over 100kg I'm 105kg and mine handles my weight and a 10kg pack no worries.
    Your battery just won't last as long.

Quote Originally Posted by Shearer View Post
    I can see my big black bitches eyeing that up... both perched inside it,tongues hanging out,pedal faster you fat prick!!!!
    308, Shearer and BSA270 like this.

Well I think we’ve just worked out who ate all the pies.
    Micky Duck likes this.