Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: Is this the end of stapling your pig dog?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_Songhurst View Post
    Really dont get pig hunting (especially with holders) who would want to eat a dirty old pig that's probably been feeding on all manner of dead rank shit and then on top of that has been chased and in a scrap for the last moments of its life, seems to me that there is one glaringly obvious reason people do it and that's some kind of bloodlust. Every pig hunter I have met seems to consider it some kind of badge of honour all the scars on their dogs. Why not just run bailers if you really have to use dogs? Or better still just run a pointer and shoot the bloody thing without stirring it up and chasing it halfway across the country before killing it.
    I have never liked wild pork, have had it quite a few times (all dogged) and it literally makes me dry retch and I'm fairly certain that their diet and the fact they have died in extremely stressful circumstances has a lot to do with that
    funny I feel the same way about beef....other than weaner snitzel or corned beef...its a yeah nah for me...venison over beef steak any day.
    pork from a sow under 100lb of boar under 100 that HASNT been feeding on carcasses or living in pines is some of the best meat anywhere.
    I ran bailer dogs..surethey would hold small stuff if asked,but a bailed pig is not that stressed if dog knows its job,they keep enough pressure on pig to keep it in one place,no more and no less (why border collie/heading dogs are so plurry good at it) pig is ok if he stays still,then gets bullet in the head... not scrapping,not running,not worked up......just a bit nervous then dead.
    Ive helped stich up dogs after holders did thier thing....not my cuppa tea.
    now days Im happy to let Meg lead me into them then shoot them before they even know Im there.
    57jl likes this.

Really dont get pig hunting (especially with holders) who would want to eat a dirty old pig that's probably been feeding on all manner of dead rank shit and then on top of that has been chased and in a scrap for the last moments of its life, seems to me that there is one glaringly obvious reason people do it and that's some kind of bloodlust. Every pig hunter I have met seems to consider it some kind of badge of honour all the scars on their dogs. Why not just run bailers if you really have to use dogs? Or better still just run a pointer and shoot the bloody thing without stirring it up and chasing it halfway across the country before killing it.
    I have never liked wild pork, have had it quite a few times (all dogged) and it literally makes me dry retch and I'm fairly certain that their diet and the fact they have died in extremely stressful circumstances has a lot to do with that
    jesus still at the divide and conquer ryan.??
    you wont each much wild pork [which you don't care for so couldn't give a fuck anyway ]if you don't have dogs.
    personaly I prefer it over even venison and yes like any meat if its a older animal.
    that's chased the crap out of or half ripped to shreds its shite.
    I no more tar all pig hunters in the rip them in half club or the wasteful bastards who left two rotting down my public dog excercise park as all pighunters.
    i was proud to be one in my younger days and know the love of good dogs at their best.
    if it illustrates anything its the old adage a few ruin it for the many
    But this is NZ and for now run the hounds. Perfect no agreed , that said neither is poison , baiting or trapping. But we do it for free the others cost the tax payer ..and the dogs they love it!
    more to the point they love it cos we love it and them.
    Last edited by gsp follower; 01-09-2019 at 08:57 PM.

Ever get the opportunity to hunt Forsyth?
    Nil durum volenti !!

Quote Originally Posted by stingray View Post
    Sorry no more live baits when at White Island chasing kingi's or marlin. ..do your cows like being milked constantly ...AI and put into calf again and again to produce milk? ..hell let them relax have a calf raise it wean it and then graze until the next season.
    Stingray, show me exactly where I made a personal (and ill informed) attack on you? Get off your high horse you precious fuckwit.
    I work fucking hard at what I do and the welfare of our stock is always number one priority. For your information, I haven't done Bobby calves for years, that costs me a fucktonne of revenue because we rear every single calf, but you know what, maybe I'm just an animal abusing asshole? You're welcome to come and help out on the farm if you want to make a change, you're welcome to come and comfort my mrs when shes in tears cos shes fucking wrecked from the work she does but we keep doing it the way we do it because our stock are important to us. If you're so concerned about animal welfare then YOU come and fucking wake up every two hours and check the stock for months on end. Our livelihood is our cows, theres some fuckwits out there and I'm not going to defend them but you have no fucking idea what my life is like mate. Come and see our place for yourself and you point out to me which of the cows coming up to you for a scratch is in distress.
    You're a fucking A class fucking dickhead mate pull ya fucking head in ya fat fuckwit.
    Sonicjoe likes this.
    270 is a harmonic divisor number[1]
    270 is the fourth number that is divisible by its average integer divisor[2]
    270 is a practical number, by the second definition
    The sum of the coprime counts for the first 29 integers is 270
    270 is a sparsely totient number, the largest integer with 72 as its totient
    Given 6 elements, there are 270 square permutations[3]
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

Take a deep breath boys!

Its just the internet.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Getting back to throwing each other "under the bus"
    Nugget connaisseur likes this.

Lmfao
    Nugget connaisseur likes this.

I haven't done Bobby calves for years, that costs me a fucktonne of revenue because we rear every single calf, but you know what, maybe I'm just an animal abusing asshole
    they aren't worth fuckall anywaY ARE THEY??

if those animals happen to be duckhunters and now pig hunters, it would appear so.
    how do they get a heifer who wont drop her milk to do it these days?

I think the bus driver got fed up and drove off a long time ago. Now it's just throwing each other onto asphalt. So it's more like Judo than anything. Without the mats and the rules and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    they aren't worth fuckall anywaY ARE THEY??

if those animals happen to be duckhunters and now pig hunters, it would appear so.
    how do they get a heifer who wont drop her milk to do it these days?
    Exactly, they ain't worth fuckall, so we lose money rearing them all and put milk into them that could go in the vat, but we do it as a matter of principle because every animal deserves to have purpose in life other than just to get its mother into milk.
    I've never worried about heifers not dropping their milk, they do eventually anyhow. But maybe you are referring to the old timers who used to put a hose into their vagina and blow air into them to stop them kicking? (Obviously another I'll informed idiot we have here) yes nah that's highly illegal these days, specifically refers to the practice in the animal welfare code. Never had aggressive heifers either, we spend most of winter running them through the shed each day and letting them get used to the machine running, music playing etc and by calving time they're calm as.

Also mr gsp follower, can you point out the abusive part of the post I made please? Just so we are all on the same page. To me there was nothing abusive about it at all, maybe it struck a nerve with some who have no other way to defend themselves than try change the subject and make a personal attack on somebody?
    10! has 270 divisors
    270 is the smallest positive integer that has divisors ending by digits 1, 2, …, 9.

[QUOTE(Obviously another I'll informed idiot we have here) yes nah that's highly illegal these days,][/QUOTE]

[QUOTE]seems to me that there is one glaringly obvious reason people do it and that's some kind of bloodlust. Every pig hunter I have met seems to consider it some kind of badge of honour all the scars on their dogs[/QUOTE]

nothing abusuive there at all??
    theres lots of highly illegal things that still go on today ryan.
    but since you just appear to want a argument and your own opinion bye

Quote Originally Posted by gsp follower View Post
    [QUOTE(Obviously another I'll informed idiot we have here) yes nah that's highly illegal these days,]

[QUOTE]seems to me that there is one glaringly obvious reason people do it and that's some kind of bloodlust. Every pig hunter I have met seems to consider it some kind of badge of honour all the scars on their dogs[/QUOTE]

nothing abusuive there at all??
    theres lots of highly illegal things that still go on today ryan.
    but since you just appear to want a argument and your own opinion bye[/QUOTE]

I dont see anything abusive there, I stated my opinion and personal experience, just like I did with the whole duck shooting fiasco you also got your nose out of joint over. You're really clutching at straws trying to make a personal attack on me based on something you obviously know fuck all about. But that's cool, start a thread if you want, the difference between me and you and your buddy Joe is that I keep my nose clean so I can only speak for myself, I'm not gonna go wade into some debate defending every dairy farmer out there because I know damn well theres heaps of shockers out there but being labelled myself as an animal abuser, yes nah, I'll give you my opinion on that because as I said, my nose is squeaky fucking clean, I work my ass off to the point where I neglect personal relationships, I neglect my body and my mind, and I do that because those big black and white bastards mean the world to me
    10! has 270 divisors

G'day Ryan_Songhurst mate lets take a step back and cool mate I don't know what you do or any of your thoughts on any matter except the Quote by '' gsp follower'' mate that to me puts all piggers in one basket and that's not actually right I don't know what piggers you know but over here piggers would take offence to those words because we chase them because the pigs are feral and we box them meaning we sell them to the meat dealers and they send this so called shit meat overseas for human consumption now we do have cowboys like you have stated'' badge of honor'' mentality but they don't cover more than 1% of pig catchers all walks of life have these nitwits but we can't put them in with the ones doing the right thing and these nitwits are the minority that are numb to the pain and suffering to their animals I have several mates over here who have dairies and milk quoters and they hunt pigs with dogs and rifle to for 1 stop the pigs from digging up the rye grass and killing the heifers from dying after the pigs rip the calf from her whilst calving mate there's no badge of honor for them it's survival of the fittest mate I have no doubt you work hard and love all your milkers but lets not condemn all piggers as one because there are many facets to hunters and shooters way of doing things and if its not done within the humane way then it ends up like old mate being charged and loosing his dogs over here as I think over there there is not that much difference between farmers and hunters as at the end of the day both hate feral animals and hunters of many fields and practices are helpful to farmers and vice versa so thanks for reading this and I hope you and your wife can get a break soon as you sound like you both work very hard to make a living Cheers
    Been Upto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by rigga View Post
    G'day Ryan_Songhurst mate lets take a step back and cool mate I don't know what you do or any of your thoughts on any matter except the Quote by '' gsp follower'' mate that to me puts all piggers in one basket and that's not actually right I don't know what piggers you know but over here piggers would take offence to those words because we chase them because the pigs are feral and we box them meaning we sell them to the meat dealers and they send this so called shit meat overseas for human consumption now we do have cowboys like you have stated'' badge of honor'' mentality but they don't cover more than 1% of pig catchers all walks of life have these nitwits but we can't put them in with the ones doing the right thing and these nitwits are the minority that are numb to the pain and suffering to their animals I have several mates over here who have dairies and milk quoters and they hunt pigs with dogs and rifle to for 1 stop the pigs from digging up the rye grass and killing the heifers from dying after the pigs rip the calf from her whilst calving mate there's no badge of honor for them it's survival of the fittest mate I have no doubt you work hard and love all your milkers but lets not condemn all piggers as one because there are many facets to hunters and shooters way of doing things and if its not done within the humane way then it ends up like old mate being charged and loosing his dogs over here as I think over there there is not that much difference between farmers and hunters as at the end of the day both hate feral animals and hunters of many fields and practices are helpful to farmers and vice versa so thanks for reading this and I hope you and your wife can get a break soon as you sound like you both work very hard to make a living Cheers
    Wow, someone with so.ethig co destructive to say instead of getting all defensive and flying off the handle. But I must ask where did I condemn all as being the same? I did say that all the pig hunters I HAVE MET at one point but still did not put everyone in one basket. Guess some people are just simple can't see the forest for the trees types eh?
    10! has 270 divisors

Exactly, they ain't worth fuckall, so we lose money rearing them all and put milk into them that could go in the vat, but we do it as a matter of principle because every animal deserves to have purpose in life other than just to get its mother into milk.
    I've never worried about heifers not dropping their milk, they do eventually anyhow. But maybe you are referring to the old timers who used to put a hose into their vagina and blow air into them to stop them kicking? (Obviously another I'll informed idiot we have here) yes nah that's highly illegal these days, specifically refers to the practice in the animal welfare code. Never had aggressive heifers either, we spend most of winter running them through the shed each day and letting them get used to the machine running, music playing etc and by calving time they're calm as.

Also mr gsp follower, can you point out the abusive part of the post I made please? Just so we are all on the same page. To me there was nothing abusive about it at all, maybe it struck a nerve with some who have no other way to defend themselves than try change the subject and make a personal attack on somebody?
    What's the point of blowing air up there? The health and safety board at work has a page on the hazards of compressed air and how it can kill from embolism.