Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree47Likes

Thread: Firearms Licence Renewal

I renewed my licence May last year, well before HDPA got airtime, and it took 2 and a half months. I was told at the time of vetting (may) that there were delays with licence administration in wellington and to expect 2 or so months. Guess what, he was right. really unless YOU have ball'sd it up and waited till your licence had expired it shouldnt be a big issue.

As long as you havd paid and been approved for renewal then I'm pretty sure you are covered. Local AO sai as much when I renewed mine last year
    veitnamcam, R93, Skatieguy and 1 others like this.
    All those with dogs waiting no longer fear death. Those with many dogs waiting even welcome it in it's time.

Quote Originally Posted by Shootm View Post
    The bloke that gets your cows preggerz
    Ah Dundee. ..
    Reminds of a local Manawatu family who were all 1 short of a 6 pack. One brother caught with a heifer in the head ball - pants down SPCA involved charges laid said individual was always known as Moo ...... after that.

My card has turned up just a couple of weeks after my endorsements were approved, I'd imagine you guys will see yours in the next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Jexla View Post
    My card has turned up just a couple of weeks after my endorsements were approved, I'd imagine you guys will see yours in the next week.
    No mate staff have been on leave in Wgtn, I won't see it until March

Ejected
    I did mine last year and it was all very quick - two weeks between applying for the renewal and receiving the new license card. I was very paranoid and started three months out but it wasn't a problem in the end. I think Chch is big enough to have dedicated staff which helps a lot.
    Munsey likes this.

myself and the wife were re-vetted late last year, the woman who turned up to do it was fine until i declined to open the safe and give her a list of what i owned. she promptly told me it was law and i replied i did have a copy of the arms code. anyway she must have wrote something down on my application as the arms office rang a week later. i said no way am i listing my firearms. they replied that i should take them all out of the safe and send a photo of the safe and bolts holding it to the wall and floor. an hour later i was told license approved.
    dont take no crap from the interview buggers, she wouldnt even know which end the bullet came out of

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    Reminds of a local Manawatu family who were all 1 short of a 6 pack. One brother caught with a heifer in the head ball - pants down SPCA involved charges laid said individual was always known as Moo ...... after that.
    That's where stuffed veal comes from.

) The online Gun City TV3 "The Story" has created an overload of work for Wgtn they have had to increase staff by 50% to cope with the extra work [/QUOTE]

In that case that makes two staff doing all the work, A mate of mine got fed up after 3 months waiting and rang the Arms office in Wellington to see what the hold up was,
    every time another batch of licenses came in it got dumped on top of the stack and his was on the bottom he had it 3days later, would pay to rattle their cage from time to time to wake them up

I stuffed up last time - shifting from Palmy to Cambridge and overlooked the change of address - so they sent it to old one and it never got redirected to me
    When it was overdue - they tracked me down - charged the full fee to start from scratch
    I went to see the AO in the tower in Hamilton - I was in a suit - he was seriously angry - how did you get to the eighth floor - told him reception directed me - I thought he was going to lock me up as he kicked me out
    Just checked mine - early April - best I get started now - thanks for the reminder guys

I got bloody shafted, got my new licence as I applied for E cat. The bastards didn't even extend my expiry date even though the Ecat vetting process was completed last year! So I have just had renew mine.

yep it takes awhile son had interview in end of june for his license did not get to mid December they are so far behind only two people printing them there has being a massive increase in people appling for first time licence holders

Son had to get a new FAL issued as his first didn't have both of his middle names. Less than a fortnight from request to its arrival in the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Bonecrusher View Post
    No mate staff have been on leave in Wgtn, I won't see it until March
    Quote Originally Posted by ARMS OFFICER
    I approved your endorsements last week and your licence has been requested from Wellington on the 19/01/16. Should land in your mailbox in the next 3-4 weeks.
    The above email from my AO was on the 22/01/16.

Yours shouldn't be far.....

Gone But Not Forgotten
    A few years back an accountancy firm calculated the cost to the tax payer as close to $300 to process a new or renewal application. The cost to the applicant is $126.50. Hiring more staff in Wellington to get through the mountain of applications would obviously add to that cost. If the cost to the applicant went up then undoubtedly some firearm licence holder's would not renew and probably keep their firearms - not a good situation for any of us.

There is, of course, no legal requirement to provide serial numbers of A category firearms. The arms vettor can insist that you open the gun cabinet to show the means by which it is affixed to the premises. I have seen several that were only fixed with one small bolt or large screw and could easily have been ripped away from the building.