Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: First red deer!

Quote Originally Posted by Flyblown View Post
    Good job @Been Upto, delighted to see your success!

I shot a deer week before last, a bit of a "story" to it, and I made a note-to-self in the form of a video on my GoPro about how damned happy I was with the job. When I got back to the house around midnight I was buggered and happy as, really chuffed. It's something that we sometimes forget as older blokes with more "tails on our belts", that we must work hard to maintain the enjoyment of a good hunt, and the memory of it mustn't be lost in amidst all the crap of life. You young fellas have a massive advantage in that you are able to record everything digitally - use it wisely and back it up! I lost a lot of the celluloid photos of my early hunting days, mid-80s to late-90s, in a burglary. I was completely torn up about that.
    Cheers brother appreciate the comment. I would enjoy reading another magazine read up of yours of this hunt you mentioned sounds wicked shot bro

Nice one bro , they will be dropping all over the show now!!
    Bay Tyres-Driving the best deal since ages ago

The door is starting to open now , keep it up you will only get better. The roar is just around the corner, I can see a stag coming your way, good luck.
    Been Upto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooseman View Post
    The door is starting to open now , keep it up you will only get better. The roar is just around the corner, I can see a stag coming your way, good luck.
    I certainly hope so mate! I would be over the moon with my first stag bring on the roar boys!

Well done that man.
    I too shot my first deer in the Ruahines, more importantly I got to share that experience with my brother. It’s a real archivenent getting the first one and from there in they get easier as you learn more about their behaviour and habits.
    Good luck with the next one and using hunting as an excuse to explore our wonderful back country.
    My love for the outdoors certainly has been galvanised by hunting I’m sure yours will be too.

👍
    Tahr and Been Upto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Been Upto View Post
    Hey mate I shoot this hind down in the creek bro, but ive heard slip hunting is the go. Going to give it a go when my .260 is up and running cheers
    Congrats on the Deer .
    Are you getting a new rifle in .260 , or are you rebarreling your old one ?
    Been Upto likes this.
    FALL IN LOVE WITH THE NUMBERS , NOT THE IDEA

Quote Originally Posted by Ground Control View Post
    Congrats on the Deer .
    Are you getting a new rifle in .260 , or are you rebarreling your old one ?
    Got a brand new rifle mate got another tikka took it out this weekend with Neil blooded it with another hind will do a write up about it soon

Well done mate - I just got my first as well, so I'm feeling pretty amped too and would echo your appreciation of all the GC's on this forum who have shared their knowledge to help make it happen.
    Been Upto likes this.