Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree57Likes

Thread: Forest and Bird

Quote Originally Posted by kotuku View Post
    a sort of fundamentalist christian approach to environmentalism is what TT are folks.
    we are the only ones to know the truth ,the rest know nothing!they are heretics ,the dammed,the will never see the return of the moa!
    Yeah, that idea has occurred to me in the past. I grew up in church, and the parallels to me,are pretty obvious. Zealots are nearly impossible to reason with.
    chainsaw and gonetropo like this.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahr View Post
    Its a shame that F&B are such polarising zealots. They do some good work, and saving the planet isn't a half bad idea.
    Fish and Game found that fighting to keep river protection orders etc was such a drain on finances it became unaffordable. They then teamed up with F&B who now pay the legal bills, often running into the $millions. F&B can be a formidable foe because of the huge financial backing they have!! How to convince them that this part of the planet doesn't need saved from Game animals will be a problem Tahr

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by muzza View Post
    The multi-degree holders who keep the seats of power warm are not practical folk and do not think the way that regular , everyday people do.
    And that muzza is why I have never employed anyone with a degree into an operational management role. Don't get me wrong. I acknowledge that anyone that has been to university and has gotten a degree has at the very least learned to think critically but down in the mud they are as useless as tits on a bull.
    tetawa, mikee, Steve123 and 2 others like this.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

The average , grass-roots , card-carrying FandB member is not a radical greenie at all. They are normal folk who want to see the environment better cared for but dont have the time to get involved in local projects personally. The problem lies in the theorists who hold the positions of authority within the organisation - much the same as within the Dept of Conservation. The multi-degree holders who keep the seats of power warm are not practical folk and do not think the way that regular , everyday people do.
    Plus, most those who "worm" their way into those positions have an "agenda".
    chainsaw likes this.

...multi-degree holders... not practical folk and do not think the way that regular , everyday people do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    ...down in the mud they are as useless as tits on a bull.

Amusing.

a sort of fundamentalist christian approach to environmentalism is what TT are folks.
    we are the only ones to know the truth ,the rest know nothing!they are heretics ,the dammed,the will never see the return of the moa!
    @kotuku

Re the knocking of christianity reference, I presume you have a better idea then?
    Last edited by Cordite; 06-10-2018 at 01:31 PM.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

Quote Originally Posted by Cordite View Post
    @kotuku

Re the knocking of christianity reference, I presume you have a better idea then?
    is this a pisstake or what or am i like a lump of concrete under your foreskin (to be polite.)
    I DID NOT KNOCK CHRISTIANITY-it was simply a metaphorical phrasing which im pretty sure the majority of persons could understand.
    for your benefit Im an RC (albeit lapsed due to romevsme over the issue of divorce).but do i get het up every time paedophile priests ,and snide remarks are made re kiddy fiddling catholics -no.Its no bloody use cause it goes on and on and on like a broken record.Ignore it!
    really youre making a mountain out of a molehill.now good day to you and goodbye

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    Registered? I Didn't know I had to register lol. They must just mean DA members. Add another 50% to that number at least.
    The MSC numbers are right off the wall. The only thing you need to register for to hunt game animals is for a permit to hunt on public conservation land. In the last few years about 34,000 different individuals got a DOC permit to do that . NZDA membership is roughly a quarter of that. A decade ago Fish and Game used to sell about 32,000 game bird licenses a year, but I don't know what the number is now.

I thought there'd be more people getting permits than that.
    Wonder if they meant licenced firearm owners.
    Maybe they got the number from the plod union rep?
    Quote Originally Posted by Meathunta View Post
    The MSC numbers are right off the wall. The only thing you need to register for to hunt game animals is for a permit to hunt on public conservation land. In the last few years about 34,000 different individuals got a DOC permit to do that . NZDA membership is roughly a quarter of that. A decade ago Fish and Game used to sell about 32,000 game bird licenses a year, but I don't know what the number is now.
    Sent from my SM-G388F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Rushy View Post
    And that muzza is why I have never employed anyone with a degree into an operational management role. Don't get me wrong. I acknowledge that anyone that has been to university and has gotten a degree has at the very least learned to think critically but down in the mud they are as useless as tits on a bull.
    Thanks a lot Rushy. You have never met me, no idea what sort of person I am, but solely because I have an engineering degree you have determined that “down in the mud I am as useless as tits on a bull”.

I would suggest that comment says a lot more about you than it does about me.

is this a pisstake or what or am i like a lump of concrete under your foreskin (to be polite.)
    I DID NOT KNOCK CHRISTIANITY-it was simply a metaphorical phrasing which im pretty sure the majority of persons could understand.
    for your benefit Im an RC (albeit lapsed due to romevsme over the issue of divorce).but do i get het up every time paedophile priests ,and snide remarks are made re kiddy fiddling catholics -no.Its no bloody use cause it goes on and on and on like a broken record.Ignore it!
    really youre making a mountain out of a molehill.now good day to you and goodbye
    Hi @kotuku

The term "fundamentalist christian" is an imprecise term which is rarely used in its literal meaning, but rather to bash and dismiss believing Christians as cranks. Poor choice of words, but I accept you were not knocking the Christian faith itself.

Anyway re romevskotuku I agree the RC church is in total denial about human frailty on the issue of divorce, as are many protestants. It's a brutal simple fact many relationships do end up on the rocks. For that contingency, specifically to curb some of the nastiness involved, the Old Testament laid down the law that if a woman was "sent away" [usually translated "divorced", which does not really carry the full meaning of the shoddy treatment some hubbies dished out to their wives] she should be given a certificate of divorce by her husband. A divorce certificate allows remarriage! It is also interesting to note that it was not the church issuing the divorce cert, nor doing the marrying in the first place. Essentially as much as you marry someone in the sight of everyone, you unmarry them in the sight of everyone. The only thing that renders a legal document a legal document are the signatures, but it's so easy to forget that in the end it is about the two signatories -- not about whether this or that institution agrees or not. You can't FORCE people get on any more than you can stop teenage boys from masturbating!

Re pedophilia it is really no RC issue, it's a universal problem all religions and walks of life. Enforced celibacy is of course no greatly inspired idea but the entire house of cards the RC has constructed in the human relationships department will hopefully develop cracks and fall. Once the celibacy rule gets dropped, many priests in their middle and old age will go and meet a lot of Miss Rights, who will very frequently turn out to be divorcees.
    Last edited by Cordite; 06-10-2018 at 07:15 PM.
    An itch ... is ... a desire to scratch

I knew a Christian fundamentalist ages back.
    He had the fun part and a big helping of mental. His downfall was mixing the bible ( read literally) with lashings of illicit substances.
    Was a shame..... coz he crashed and burned badly.

Father Paulson got chased out of town so he fled to London it must have all been to much for him though he threw him self into the Themes river , They found him clinging to a boy.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Steve123 View Post
    I knew a Christian fundamentalist ages back.
    He had the fun part and a big helping of mental. His downfall was mixing the bible ( read literally) with lashings of illicit substances.
    Was a shame..... coz he crashed and burned badly.

I read that and had to laugh. (Still am). I've met a few of those. Usually with a giant helping of mental.

I can recognise them and how they behave more easily nowadays, and that helps when they're about to spontaneously self destruct. I usually get clear of the blast radius.
    Steve123 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    I read that and had to laugh. (Still am). I've met a few of those. Usually with a giant helping of mental.

I can recognise them and how they behave more easily nowadays, and that helps when they're about to spontaneously self destruct. I usually get clear of the blast radius.
    Yeah. Barstard owes me a FR8