Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree183Likes

Thread: Had to be done

NRT
    Popcorn witch hunt Popcorn witch hunt oh to be perfect and sensible all the time .

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post
    Popcorn witch hunt Popcorn witch hunt oh to be perfect and sensible all the time .

I think that mostly people are tolerant of stupid so long as its reasonably harmless. Your comment might fit that category. But there are degrees of stupid. This lot took the cake.

witch hunt.......... so I take it they are mates of yours??? or you condone this behaviour???????
    yip , ok,fit n proper status JUST BECAME questionable.........

moderators ...please have a look and if any on this video are indeed forum members...well that reflects badly on us all.....just like another's actions did two years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by outdoorlad View Post
    Any forum members on that video should be banned from here.
    I disagree to an extent. If people show poor behavior or have poor ideas they can get direct opposition from others in the open, and of course get a fine or worse from law enforcement. Being banned can send them to darker corners of the internet where they will receive no criticism and continue with bad habits. Hopefully they learn and improve in the future, instead of getting pushed away feeling spiteful only to become worse. Of course if the forum rules state to not promote illegal activity and users start to promote illegal activity, no problems with banning.
    Steve123, Rees and Ronin007 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NRT View Post

Its when you are not sensible with firearms is when somebody or somebody's dog ends up with a hole in them.

None of us older gents have been sensible all our lives but to video it and then put it onto YouTube is just dumb.
    Let alone there respective or potential employees seeing there Character when out with the boys.
    Well mischief is all fun until you get caught and this lot are pleading with the law to be put through the wringer.

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    And most of us probably did stuff in our younger days that we would rather no one reminded us about. And probably lucky gopro cameras and youtube weren't available to trip us up either.
    If we were to ban everyone who had sighted a rifle in at a road end, or had a beer while driving, or any of the other things these guys are getting grilled for, there would be a few gaps in the members list I reckon.

Serious question, is it illegal to drink alcohol while driving, if you are under the legal limit?
    Old link but I think it is still the case..........

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/beer-s...NHOG7XBJGPLEI/

However, irrespective of whether its legal or not, its just asking for trouble. Firstly, any insurance company can void your policy if you were driving while drinking, even if you were under the limit.........Secondly, if stopped by the Police, the fresh alcohol in your mouth will almost invariably give a positive reading leading to more tests and a delay in your travel arrangements......Thirdly, I cant imagine any enforcement officer not taking a very dim view of the fact that you are drinking while driving and have firearms in the car....

Quote Originally Posted by Allgood View Post
    Old link but I think it is still the case..........

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/beer-s...NHOG7XBJGPLEI/
    I like how Road safety campaigner Clive Matthew-Wilson compares having an open drink in a car to having a gun in the car.
    "It's like saying you're allowed to drive carrying a handgun as long as you're not shooting anyone."
    One day the word 'handgun' will be replaced with just 'gun', i reckon.

NRT
    To post it online is a concern,I so would not do that amateurs

Whats the bet that young fella didn't pick up his can he stomped into the ground at 44:06 and take it back with him?
    Last edited by Allizdog; 06-03-2021 at 10:07 PM.

NRT
    Quote Originally Posted by Allizdog View Post
    Whats the bet that young fella didn't pick up his can he stomped into the ground at 44:06 and take it back with him?
    Big call I hope he would have ,cause litteres are the scum of the earth

MB and outlander like this.

Gees that was punishing to flick through, I certainly couldn't have watched the whole thing. I just hope like hell there is nobody out there watching that and thinking all us 'hunters' are like this. What a terrible way to represent hunters, it's bad enough this happened in a public campsite but to be posted on the net is next level... 🤦*♂️

Wow. That was bad. Kind of like seeing the grown up result of what would happen if Fred Dagg's Trevor's bred with Lyn of Tawa.

Sent from my SM-G390Y using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Steve123; 07-03-2021 at 06:21 AM.

Years ago I did a trip with a crew like that. Ive thought about it often. Not as bad behaviour as depicted, but probably because I was doing my best to limit them. The worst they did was drink their bottle of rum and set it up to shoot the empty. I walked over and smashed it to prevent that happening. General loud mouth bullish behaviour I was not comfortable being associated with. It unsurprisingly was a trip where all came home empty handed despite me seeing a really nice Sika stag 400 odd meters from camp. All that was needed was to stay quiet in camp a few hours, but they could not.. I ended the weekend feeling like someones nagging mum, and knew thats how they thought of me.
    I never hunted with them again, and I don't think anyone would blame me. But, I keep thinking if they are left too their selfs, they will just end up with more idiots as good hunters avoid them. Thankfully their lack of success over the years has seen them pretty much give up and move on to other activities, like discussing the merits of fords and holdens..

Quote Originally Posted by whanahuia View Post
    their lack of success over the years has seen them pretty much give up and move on to other activities, like discussing the merits of fords and holdens..
    if they discussed that in the bush the silence would be deafening...................