Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Hanging deer/pigs for preparation?

Quote Originally Posted by hutrat View Post
    Well your not alone I have had the same problem as you in the past . Spent some time on uncle google and found this guys bush hack for lifting animals awhile back . Made one and it goes everywhere with me now. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4krSGkLXu4.
    That's the best cheapest system I've seen.
    Now days i bone out straight away on the spot, I'm the same as Hotbarrels no point carrying bone and skin . As well as to many wasps to hang meat in the summer time.

Bos
    After years of carrying out gutted animals for the game buyer, my knees aren't up to it any more so I just whip off the legs and backsteaks, and into my day pack and away I go.
    On your own you can piss around a fair bit trying to hoist an animal up off the ground when you dont have to. Put a light sheet of tarp or plastic in your daypack and as you break down the animal lay the joints on the tarp to keep them clean. Once done,you can then skin them or bone them out if you want to.
    Rusky, Moa Hunter and bigbear like this.

I am the same now. I would never carry a red size deer out of the bush now, i carry what meat i can, back steaks,back legs with out breaking myself. Any private land i hunt if i can get a bike to it i take the whole animal or will carry depending on location etc etc,
    Rusky and Bos like this.