Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree217Likes

Thread: Help Stop 1080, please sign

Quote Originally Posted by gimp View Post
    This post is making a strawman argument regarding the idea of what "the desired effect" is.
    I think we all agree on “ what the desired affect” is but just disagree on how it’s be handled. I can only believe what I’ve seen, there’s no doubt things have to change and maybe with all the grief being given to DoC and others, it maybe the catalyst to head in a better direction, with much more money being poured into R&D, let’s hope someone has a break through in a safer, more humane and better working solution!
    outlander and Gkp like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

The subject has been done to death
    dogmatix, tetawa, Maca49 and 1 others like this.

On the radio today...Auckland is experiencing a rat plague.....not one mention of 1080 WTF

Blanket that city with baits from the air loaded with poison 10,000 times the strength needed to kill a rat....that is the way forward surely as has been shown by our all knowing masters.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    The alternatives to 1080 and similar pousons do exist and are economic and more effective.
    What are they? Im sure the majority of NZ will get right behind it if it is more economic and effective.
    William and Marty Henry like this.
    GUN CONTROL IS A TIGHT 5-SHOT GROUP.

Quote Originally Posted by veitnamcam View Post
    On the radio today...Auckland is experiencing a rat plague.....not one mention of 1080 WTF

Blanket that city with baits from the air loaded with poison 10,000 times the strength needed to kill a rat....that is the way forward surely as has been shown by our all knowing masters.
    No its the damn chickens running around Titirangi, people feed them and thus the rats.
    Welcome to Sako club.

Quote Originally Posted by dogmatix View Post
    No its the damn chickens running around Titirangi, people feed them and thus the rats.
    It should sort the chickens too as it does a pretty good job of rockwren and kea.
    Wirehunt and rewa like this.
    "Hunting and fishing" fucking over licenced firearms owners since ages ago.

308Win One chambering to rule them all.

northdude
    hey i know ban chickens and rats
    veitnamcam and outlander like this.

I was in Auckland a few years back visiting my townie cuzzys there only 10 mins drive from a nice bay so I said lets go for a fish , naturally they didn't own a rod so we brought one setup in a nice bay beside a road opposite a few shops , few minutes passed & something caught my eye , dirty big rat bouncing around on the rocks , followed by more all around a rubbish bin , I couldn't believe it they were everywhere rustling around in the long grass , even tried to pinch some bait so we moved to another wee bay , still plague proportions , they say rats are in plague proportions in the bush !! what a joke never have I seen anything like that in the bush anywhere yet we constantly hear ...its a mast year there's plagues of rats must drop 1080 at all costs , Tell me has anyone ever seen a heap of rats in the bush , not just a few hanging around a hunt but a plague of the bastards like what we constantly hear ???
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Browning View Post
    What are they? Im sure the majority of NZ will get right behind it if it is more economic and effective.
    The various forms of traps, trapping and target specific baits like ferratox have been well documented and costed over more than a decade. The under utilisation of these methods is down to preservation of bureaucracies by those bureaucracies; the money trail within the 1080 manufacturing and distribution industries, the rabid fanatcism of extreme greens who want all introduced wild animals and fish and birds gone, the subsidising of private farms and forests pest control by taxpayer funding of OSPRI and DOC on the pretext that possums spread TB along with the cover-up of the true cause , namely piss poor adherence by farmers of the NAIT and other stock movement controls along with poor unreliable TB testing of cattle, the deliberate misinformation via media to the public from all those sources AND the blind ignorance of parliament to the actual truths of the matter. Along with the above, there had been suppression and greed within the private sector possum fur and skin trappers themselves partly caused by DoC and OSPRI conttol and restrictions of trapper access to all possible areas.
    In short; a long term mismanagenent of the potentially best long term solutions that has been collectively created by several interrelated human foibles not the least of which are chicanery and greed.
    I am not going into the intimate details as these would fill a small library but if you search the web for other than the fanatical crap written by both sides I am sure you will see the truth of the matter. The solution is simple but unfortunately the authority to implement the solutions elude me and others like me.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.

Ejected
    I haven't got a printer. Thought they were a part of the arch.

Gkp
    I don't want this to be a debate on 1080. The form is there for those who want to sign and share around with others. If 300,000 signatures are reached then it doesn't mean that it is going to instantly stop the Arial use of 1080, it means that we as Kiwis are saying we concerned about the way it is used and the issue will then be tabled in parliament and discussed.
    Here's hoping that at a minimum a small portion of the millions and millions of dollars that is spent on spreading thousands of tones of poison over our forests and side creeks is put aside to look for an effective alternative.
    You need to ask yourself if you are happy for this poison to drop from the sky for another 70 years or do you want our government to start looking for an alternative?
    outlander and rewa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Backcountry Bob View Post
    The subject has been done to death

and far far beyond, even
    mcche171 and Goose like this.

Me myself and I can still not grasp what I have seen and still witnessing.. the devastation the poison crew are leaving in their trail.
    And what shocks me more is the amount of people who still can not see through the fog. Sadly these people are incapable of doing so or have a vested interest.
    Good luck there Gkp
    tetawa, rewa and Gkp like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Woody View Post
    The alternatives to 1080 and similar pousons do exist and are economic and more effective.
    Okay I'll ask. You say there are alternatives to 1080.
    What are the alternatives?
    How well do they work?
    What do they cost?

For the uneducated like me please include the references to the studies you are basing your information on. THANKS

Nup. Been through that too msny times. Thevtruth is out there. Go seek, and ye shall find.
    Wirehunt likes this.
    Summer grass
    Of stalwart warriors splendid dreams
    the aftermath.

Matsuo Basho.