Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Terminator Delta

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree159Likes

Thread: Idiot D.O.C and clueless NZDA

Quote Originally Posted by Carbine View Post
    Yes and no, would be more of an impact to hunters and animal numbers getting the locked gate over the paper road taken down so people could access the area easier
    Ive seen that comment elsewhere. Trouble is, you open any un-opened gate to the public and you get mainly young stags being shot which does nothing for population control and ruins the potential of the herd. What we want is management of public land. This was a wonderfully well managed approach. There were forum members on it.

Join NZDA if you haven't. I would guess too that the chopper trip was subsidised by the club or someone.
    Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing, and right-doing, there is a field. I will meet you there.
    - Rumi

Have seen the results of hammering stags in spring- summer when there feeding on the grass on 2 private farms-blocks I have access to. Both owner- occupiers were moaning of a poor roar this year with very few stags heard or seen. Think my explanation went in one ear and out the other This is the second year the same hunting pattern was followed thru spring-summer, last year there were still a few stags around, this year conspicuous by their absence but they have a few velvety heads.
    stagstalker likes this.

well done alright, 126 hinds taken will have an effect, still needs more taken from the area in the future but things are on the right track. All done at little cost to the ratepayer.
    Tahr, kukuwai, Flyblown and 2 others like this.

The title of this thread must have been in the heat of the moment with brain fade...it happens but pity can't be edited?
    Nathan F likes this.