Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree34Likes
  • 2 Post By PillowDribbler
  • 6 Post By Ross Nolan
  • 1 Post By Bagheera
  • 5 Post By Ross Nolan
  • 7 Post By Bush Basher
  • 1 Post By ZQLewis
  • 3 Post By XR500
  • 4 Post By PillowDribbler
  • 5 Post By XR500

Thread: Kaimanawa Alpine Adventures.

Kaimanawa Alpine Adventures.

https://www.kaa.co.nz/

It seems Helisika are in with the Lycra Clad Crowd , which is what we pretty much thought.

I will be interested to see the developments with this and if it effects access to the likes of the Waipakihi River Valley, given the buzzing around the installation of a steel gate on the Waipakihi access.

I'm optimistic at this stage given their "Private cycle trail" is on a private block , but I wouldn't be suprised if it reached further.

Worth keeping an eye on, anyway.

Looks like it is a clip the ticket gateway to helisika.
    Carbine and Masperjay like this.

This is a joint venture between the landowners and Helisika, paid for by Shane Jones and the election bribe fund.

We went all through this in the Waipakihi Rd thread, and while I am 100% for property rights I object to public (Taxpayer) money being used to block access to a public park.
    Shearer, BSA270, Ned and 3 others like this.

The heli-glampibg tent looks a bit like some of those tahr ballot camps. Is that a bench rest on the verandah out front ?

It occurs to me that the waipakihi road strip was planned to be given to “the adjacent landowners”. DoC own the adjacent land at each end of it and the public good would be best served but giving it to DoC for the use of all New Zealanders . High spending tourists also welcome. The unused gate installation is on public land and could be removed.
    chainsaw likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagheera View Post
    The heli-glampibg tent looks a bit like some of those tahr ballot camps. Is that a bench rest on the verandah out front ?

It occurs to me that the waipakihi road strip was planned to be given to “the adjacent landowners”. DoC own the adjacent land at each end of it and the public good would be best served but giving it to DoC for the use of all New Zealanders . High spending tourists also welcome. The unused gate installation is on public land and could be removed.
    You'd think so, but against a background of this https://www.teaonews.co.nz/2023/09/1...k-clouds-loom/ I suspect that the Govt's primary wish was to not upset the negotiations, and the walkers, hunters, picnickers, Uncle Tom Cobley and all could just hush up and get out of the way. I have an email from FMC, who you would think would be keen on keeping access (i mean, it's in their charter..) talking about the importance of not upsetting the adjacent landowners, and referencing the inappropriateness of insisting on a strictly legal approach when set against the "history of dispossession of land".

Good luck to Tuwharetoa for their enterprise - the land they own is theirs to do with as they want, but I do wish that the Govt had been a little more committed to looking after the access for all New Zealanders - something that I don't believe would have hurt the Tuwharetoa operation at all.

As for Helisika - I'd rather walk, thanks. Which breaks my heart, as my November Footy Field trips were just superb. The lies and bullshit put out by them around this matter beggars belief.
    Carbine, Bagheera, Shearer and 2 others like this.

Heli-sika will never get another cent from me

Hey guy's check out the prices to fly into the Thunderbolt area with KAA, may take some of the sting out of it for those of us who are no longer up to the walk up and over Urchin, down into Waipakahi and up to the thunderbolt area.
    Z
    Sika 8 likes this.

Never.
    Not one cent
    Will find other ways to tramp in there.

The fact they were able to use national park land to access private land to use public money to set up there base needs looking at,some very dodgy stuff going on.

Quote Originally Posted by PillowDribbler View Post
    The fact they were able to use national park land to access private land to use public money to set up there base needs looking at,some very dodgy stuff going on.
    Has anyone raised this fiasco with Todd MClay the new hunting fishing minister

I sent a synopsis with links to Nicole about a year ago.

I got a reply

"Yes, we are aware of this".

Will be interesting to see what happens now they are charge.

There must be a few flies in the ointment, or this would have been rushed accross the finish line prior to October 14.
    BRADS, erniec, omark and 2 others like this.

Saw this in the news today. Similar situation of sorts but the shoe is on the opposite foot as they say? Maybe they should use HeliSika to fly them in to the landlocked land? Why the Govt's just couldn't ensure public access to these lands and many others when land transfers like Tenure Reviews were undertaken is quite beyond me. People that work in LINZ and such in the past must be right assholes? Just an opinion of course. http://https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/na...tangi-tribunal

Quote Originally Posted by XR500 View Post
    Never.
    Not one cent
    Will find other ways to tramp in there.
    Me either. I dont support underhanded tactics.