Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Man dies while hunting......

Apparently the 2 biggest cunts on here lol Philipo's Avatar
    Another avoidable clusterfuck Very Sad RIP Mark

Hunter shot dead by mate | Stuff.co.nz
    Shoot it, root it & then BBQ it !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philipo View Post
    Another avoidable clusterfuck Very Sad RIP Mark

Hunter shot dead by mate | Stuff.co.nz
    Jesus wept , Has anyone read the comments one deluded idiot is making ?

It's not just one idiot - there are some real inbreds commenting on that article!

I am *amazed* the moderators are letting that shit through.

Quote Originally Posted by BTMO View Post
    It's not just one idiot - there are some real inbreds commenting on that article!

I am *amazed* the moderators are letting that shit through.
    Yeah, terrible form. The comments section of news articles always seems to show the worst of society.

I suspect they won't be posting my response....

DAF
    I suspect they won't be posting my response....

I just read your response lol
    "Such is life..." - Ned Kelly

Yeah - me too! The moderator there must be drunk!

Awesome response. I think you meant mouthbreather though

mouth·breed·er (mouth br d r). n. Any of various fishes, especially of the genera Haplochromis and Tilapia, that carry their eggs and young in the mouth.

Dude - I have an MSc in marine biology. I know *exactly* what I meant. If I'd actually said "cocksuckers", even today's moderator might have baulked at posting it.

Dude - I have an MSc in marine biology. I know *exactly* what I meant. If I'd actually said "cocksuckers", even today's moderator might have baulked at posting it.
    Ahahaha, my apologies.

That makes the response even better.

Man... there are some assholes on there. Someone shot their mate and yet there are these ignorant f*cks trying to get on some moral high ground about shooting animals when they obviously have no respect for human life.

Quote Originally Posted by sneeze View Post
    No of course not, the responsibility always rests with the shooter,there may be influencing factors like a couple of mates yelling "theres one get it get it" but it still comes back to the guy with his finger on the trigger.What I'm saying here is look at WHY the shooter failed to identify the target.Its not as simple as "hes just a wanker" or "stupid prick should never have been give a FAL". Id put decent wedge on the shooters often being normal run of mill the guys that you would have been happy to go hunting with.His mates obviously were. So what happened?Why did he make the wrong decision and pull the trigger? What makes a guy risk the lives of his mates for the sake of a feed of venison?
    Of all the investigations into accidents air accidents are probably the most in depth, as a result one of the exams you have to pass to gain a pilots license is Human Factors, alot of which is about decision making.The aviation industry recognizes the frailty's of the human brain and puts procedures in place to mitigate the effect and make flying as safe as it can be.Hunters and shooters don't have the CAA looking after us so we have to do it our selves.
    You raise a very important point! How many millions go into American fighter pilot training only to see them constantly engage friendly targets. Dispite ALL the technology man can think up to prevent this - and it still happens. Will hand held phone based programs save hunting lives? doubt it. Forcing people into more lectures....Nope. Perhaps creating a hunting version of the police training (im not a cop, so correct me if i'm wrong but dont they have some sort of 'pop up' mechanical target course?). We had that in the Army ages ago and it was great. Much better to physically learn in my opinion, seems to stick in your mind better than books and lectures.

I suspect the desire to take home meat is as primitive a survival drive as sex itself.

The successful hunter would have got the choice of women and huge standing in the community.
    Primitive hunters (and other predators) risk there lives when they go hunting so the rewards and drive have to be overwhelming. (like sex, eating and other survival traits).

This explains to me why we suffer so much discomfort to hunt and why so many hunters it seems will do anything to get a deer (me to).

In any social situation you can see the respect levels for Joe Blogs who reguarly shoots "venison". I reckon the women go all moist without even knowing it, god bless them. All a young mans behaviours are about the right to reproduce with the most attractive females.

I think thats what we are up against when our mates are hissing in our ear "shoot for f**ks sake, it's a deer"

Great for young hunters to have a mentor with the authority to keep them up backside and actually get a few animals under their belts to ease the pressures.