Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree212Likes

Thread: The Morgan Score

Quote Originally Posted by Strummer View Post
    I dealt to a couple of wild cats on Stewart Island. They devastate the birdlife there, no doubt about it. The little bastards got an authentic cage diving experience (no rimfire on me unfortunately)
    Ha we caught 1 on our first night in abrhams , like you we didn't want to use our loud centre fire so opted for the swim only downside the tide was well out & no one fancied getting wet boots so it did go for a swim but lets just say it took some effort to find a deep enough pool for it .
    Moa Hunter, dannyb and Strummer like this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

Quote Originally Posted by 7mmwsm View Post
    I hope there is a clause in the fine print that deducts 200 points for measure and release.
    But as much as I hate cats, I would hate to flatten someone's pet.
    You missed an open goal there...surely 'claws' would've been an epic dadjoke
    dannyb likes this.

Can i get some clarification on measurements... maybe we need a new scoring system for rats? Name:  20191007_165846-1.jpg
Views: 314
Size:  4.25 MBName:  20191007_165747.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  4.43 MB

Rat was 400mm before the cat got in the way and started chewing on its head, thats about a normal size for the ones i'm getting in the traps lately
    dannyb likes this.

Banned
    My Guinea fowls were disappearing.
    Got this guy this morning. Won't score that well due to being a Manx. Attachment 114938
    It's not the GF's that I would be worried about, isn't that a horses tooth on the grass beside him - he sure must have been hungry !!

Today’s effort for a Morgan Score...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Woody, Moa Hunter, kukuwai and 1 others like this.

a couple of years ago Icaught a big hua in the act of removing ducklings from a frantic hen.fucker had alive duckling in its mouth when i framed him in the torchlight-a large feral snarl saw a duckling miraculously scoot off to be replaced by a charge of 34gm no3steel out of my trusty 12g semi auto.
    sure as hell fucked his evening outing infinito.
    couple of nights later saw another big ginger prick in the same area -no excuses -shotty spoke problem cured!
    possums are another that ill kill on sight -no bloody excuses -ive seen the damage the bastards can do and the racket they make so a steel blowjob simply stops the breeding urge...PERMANENTLY
    Woody and 40mm like this.

They take a huge toll on bats, birds, lizards etc. Don't underestimate them. And they are everywhere, not just near people or developed areas. I have seen and removed them in many high and very remote wild places around the country. I have removed over 100 so far this year myself already. Love Gareth or not, he spoke the truth and is putting his money where his mouth is regarding conservation. It is the great Kiwi way to view people like that with suspicion. We need to manage domestic cats better and stop thinking of feral cats as anything other than a top predator. They are certainly not a cute moggy just waiting for a loving family to rescue them. Morgan score or not, be a hunter who actually makes a difference. Put your skills to good use. If you want a true hunting challenge then forget deer and show me a hunter who can consistently deliver on feral cats. They are few amongst us.

Can’t believe this is a thing wish I knew, I shot one before lockdown and another one last week when we were out spotlighting a mates farm going to take pictures of them from now on.

Well a farmer I know lives in the sticks up north. He gets 12 cats a year and he's ages away from town. And he doesn't try that hard with the cage trap.

They're a huge problem.

I bred and released Pheasants for a number of years. And I got a constant stream of cats trying to steal them. Mostly big toms. I kept a record of all the predators I killed. Stopped counting cats at about 150 after about two and a half years. My nearest neighbour is a km away so they weren't pet ones.
    That’s quite a few.... have shot a few over the years just down the road as well. Not as many as that though..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope there is a clause in the fine print that deducts 200 points for measure and release.
    But as much as I hate cats, I would hate to flatten someone's pet.
    One of the lowest points in my life was explaining to an 8 and a 6 year old (neighboring farm to my sisters)why I had killed their cat.Stopped shooting them for a long time.

This guys done well with a monster down south.
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/12275...-the-spotlight

Quote Originally Posted by Projects View Post
    This guys done well with a monster down south.
    https://i.stuff.co.nz/national/12275...-the-spotlight
    Some big c#nts there!!! A trophy for the wall? Haha

Quote Originally Posted by doinit View Post
    Correct CH.

The cat haters only see him as a great guy............................................... .....f**** off.
    I've been up close and personal the man knows nothing of what he preaches....gggggrrrrr

Not disputing your statement, but half (possibly more) of the population fits that description.
    For sure. And each generation will become more and more programed and reality as we knew it wont exist IMO
    We have already gone past plastic people. Just look at how many of todays sheep can't exist without their cell phone eh.
    But hey I'm from the ol mill and getting me to stand on one leg in the corner aint gonna happen lol.
    HILLBILLYHUNTERS likes this.