Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

DPT Terminator

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Thread: My FIRST DEER!

Excellent work, and dare I say it, but I think you've actually become a hunter rather than a shooter - taking the time to make the decision to take the yearling is what its all about, well done. And its great to hear the continuing story of a young fella that asked for advice, bought a rifle, sorted it, and then went hunting. Thank you
    kidmac42, Mathias and Been Upto like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Husky1600 View Post
    Excellent work, and dare I say it, but I think you've actually become a hunter rather than a shooter - taking the time to make the decision to take the yearling is what its all about, well done. And its great to hear the continuing story of a young fella that asked for advice, bought a rifle, sorted it, and then went hunting. Thank you
    Bro this comment means alot to me, thank you and all the other forum members have been helping me along the way. I really look forward to all the years to come of hunting! Cheers brothers
    Husky1600 and takbok like this.

Quote Originally Posted by planenutz View Post
    Congratulations!

Your first deer is a memorable occasion and one you'll never forget. I can tell you where, when and how I shot my first deer... more than 35 years ago... which is more than I could tell you about loosing my virginity!

Keep it up lad. Its an awesome recreation.
    Hahahaha cheers mate , I appreciate it

great stuff.....now as keen as you are to eat it...have feed tonight THEN LEAVE IT ALONE till at least monday or it may be as tough as an old jandel. the eye steaks (little huas inside up by hips) are very tender and normally get fried up with the heart (more normal way to consume but have to admire your enthusiasm) for tea the first night. thick white bread with real butter...salt and pepper and a man is really living. good on ya man.
    kidmac42, oneshot, 40mm and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    great stuff.....now as keen as you are to eat it...have feed tonight THEN LEAVE IT ALONE till at least monday or it may be as tough as an old jandel. the eye steaks (little huas inside up by hips) are very tender and normally get fried up with the heart (more normal way to consume but have to admire your enthusiasm) for tea the first night. thick white bread with real butter...salt and pepper and a man is really living. good on ya man.
    Shot for the tips brother will do! Ill let you know how it goes!

Quote Originally Posted by Micky Duck View Post
    That's exactly what I ate tonight, eye steak sandwiches. mmmm salted butter and venison.
    Been Upto likes this.
    Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

Bloody deadly alright bro
    Been Upto likes this.

Reading your yarns makes me think of my first deer , the 4 legged Varity vs the 2 , its about here id like to point out they were shot in different ways both ended up being destroyed but none the less I like reminiscing about the 4 legged type vs the old shedhand lol haha ...good on you get that pic in a frame and get amongst it .
    Been Upto likes this.
    The Green party putting the CON in conservation since 2017

What ammo are you running through your tikka @BeenUpto ?
    Been Upto likes this.

Mean as, fella. You are fucked now though..... it's pretty addictive from here on in.
    Been Upto likes this.

Well done mate, it's a great feeling getting your first
    Been Upto likes this.
    When hunting think safety first

Nice man, Awesome work.

Nothing more satisfying than sitting down to a feed of venny taken from field to plate by yourself.
    That yearling will be some of the best meat you can eat if you treat it right. Backstraps and back wheels medium rare, shoulders and forward braised or in the slow cooker.

Keep that clearing in the pocket, looking at the amount of grass on there I'm sure it will get a few visitors.
    Been Upto likes this.

GWH
    Shit hot dude, you will never forget the first one man.

All you preparation with rifle and ground work finding areas looking for goats, and practice placing your shots shooting them has all gelled together.

Awesome stuff
    Been Upto likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    What ammo are you running through your tikka @BeenUpto ?
    Hey brother, im not reloading atm so just been using 150grain federals. You guys have any adivce regarding better factory ammo im all ears

Quote Originally Posted by GWH View Post
    Shit hot dude, you will never forget the first one man.

All you preparation with rifle and ground work finding areas looking for goats, and practice placing your shots shooting them has all gelled together.

Awesome stuff
    Thanks heaps brother!