Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

ZeroPak Darkness

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Newbie from BOP

It's the typical young fella way now ... Why work for it when you can just get everyone else to do the hard stuff for you !
    SOMETIMES I QUESTION MY SANITY......OCCASIONALLY IT ANSWERS BACK .!

Nor West of Auckland on the true right of the Kaipara River
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    This is just a have at the people who come onto this forum for the first time and keep asking where to shoot, where's the best posies' or yours and what to shoot with. This seems to be happening more and more regularly. In my days (Grumpy Old Man Syndrome) we got out and did the hard yards and found our own spots. There's more information and Deer numbers now than 20/30yrs ago. Get off ya arse's and go have a looksee. Seems to me that they want it given to them with out the efforts that we did. Grumpy Old Man.
    I reckon the balance of us grumpy old men knew what you were on about GA.
    It takes 43 muscle's to frown and 17 to smile, but only 3 for proper trigger pull.
    What more do we need? If we are above ground and breathing the rest is up to us!
    Rule 1: Treat every firearm as loaded
    Rule 2: Always point firearms in a safe direction
    Rule 3: Load a firearm only when ready to fire
    Rule 4: Identify your target beyond all doubt
    Rule 5: Check your firing zone
    Rule 6: Store firearms and ammunition safely
    Rule 7: Avoid alcohol and drugs when handling firearms

Lost For Time
    Quote Originally Posted by Gapped axe View Post
    This is just a have at the people who come onto this forum for the first time and keep asking where to shoot, where's the best posies' or yours and what to shoot with. This seems to be happening more and more regularly. In my days (Grumpy Old Man Syndrome) we got out and did the hard yards and found our own spots. There's more information and Deer numbers now than 20/30yrs ago. Get off ya arse's and go have a looksee. Seems to me that they want it given to them with out the efforts that we did. Grumpy Old Man.
    But it would be so much easier if one of you's just told me where you hide your deersies, I wouldn't have to go looking every weekend, Save so much time and hard yakker if I new where, I could then spend more time drinking and talking shit
    Identify your target beyond all doubt !

GA I got a freezer if you supply Ill eat it and I wont ask how, or where, to protect your info
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Fulla
    its not even new people, its members saying im going to go to this area, and im looking for deer or whatever anyone got any tips.... then another member saying yip go here and there. while im sure the second member is being helpful, your putting it all out on a PUBLIC forum! next thing my local spot is crawling with guys. anyone searching the net that's not even a member can see that. thanks a lot! if you really want to help at least do a private message.
    Pengy likes this.

Would you like co-ordinates to my best spots or are directions ok? You're "promosing" to never go back there behind my back with your mates though yeh?

Cant wait for all your contributions to the forum once someone takes you out!
    Gapped axe likes this.

Not to sound like the devil's advocate and I'm not a kiwi so it isn't really my place to say but perhaps giving out some info on a spot to go shoot a crappy old goat or some bunnies where they're plentiful is worth it if that's what it takes to hook a new shooter and strengthen the ranks? On the flip side, a person could say they wouldn't want such a person in their community of hunters (one reluctant to do the hard miles, uninformed or otherwise) but if the grumpy old men in NZ are anything like they are here then you'd probably agree that "they don't make em like they used to".
    Gapped axe and thomas like this.

Its cool how some on here help others whether they are new or not. I know fuck all but am always keen to help if I can. Shit and by doing so have been invited by others to join them on hunts.
    No man in his right mind is going to give away his top spots, but you may know of a spot where there is a chance and at the end of the day if you dont want to help someone then dont. At least they are asking hunting related questions which is more than i can say for me most of the time
    veitnamcam and oneipete like this.

It depends on character (obviously) I'm always happy to help people as long as they seem like decent people. I'm more hesitant to help someone "Who wants to shoot a deer" I'm drawn to those who want to learn about hunting, love being out in the bush and treat the whole thing as a privledge whether a deer is seen or not. I guess I'm a sucker for people like me, who love hunting for huntings sake. People laugh when I say I don't enjoy killing deer but I don't know how anyone who loves and respects them can.
    I couldn't stop though, just my eternal internal fight! but no, if someone comes to me talking about success rates, number of kills or any form of braggery my care factor to help in anyway just switches off

Quote Originally Posted by BushHunter View Post
    But it would be so much easier if one of you's just told me where you hide your deersies, I wouldn't have to go looking every weekend, Save so much time and hard yakker if I new where, I could then spend more time drinking and talking shit
    You bring the beers and I will tell you of the mob of five seen earlier this week and the two seen last night just before dark...well I didn't see them, my stepson tried to point them out...too far for old eyes...too close to dark...too close to bed time [for me]. The little fuckers are everywhere and not a hunter in sight. I never have a problem pointing out good hunting areas as most of the so called hunters fail.
    Which is worse, ignorance or apathy...I don't know and don't care.

Lost For Time
    Quote Originally Posted by Spook View Post
    You bring the beers and I will tell you of the mob of five seen earlier this week and the two seen last night just before dark...well I didn't see them, my stepson tried to point them out...too far for old eyes...too close to dark...too close to bed time [for me]. The little fuckers are everywhere and not a hunter in sight. I never have a problem pointing out good hunting areas as most of the so called hunters fail.
    Deal, (Mid March ?) - Don't care if you point me in the wrong direction either, Been wanting to go for a walk up your end for a while now.
    Last edited by BushHunter; 14-02-2014 at 08:17 AM.
    Identify your target beyond all doubt !

I know a person like this GA & its wearing a little thin now.Them that want your spot X hunting or fishing ,but amusing when I tell people my fishing spot X's they seem to think I'm bullshitting, never seen them there.Maybe I not that good a fisherman .
    There are a lot of good guys on this site & a couple I need to reciprocate when I have some thing suitable .
    The sort that wants it handed to them on a silver platter need to get off the lazy arse & go find their own spots.
    Dundee, Gapped axe and oneipete like this.
    Gun control means using both hands