Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Darkness DPT

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Possum hunting

Bags next on your farm when the others are done. I will shoot the remaining animals I see and clean them all out for yah being a good sort and all helping you out with your pest problem. Don't worry, I have my own pack of 1000 dogs to flush out the sneaky ones.

Also can I borrow the quad and bring a few mates?

Hi Josh, welcome, it's a thing with all hunting forums that asking for hunting spots/selling stuff on your first post gets the big piss take. It's traditional not personal.

Party at Northdudes place
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

If he puts on a keg of waikato, that'll automatically scare away 90% of us.
    stingray likes this.
    RIP Harry F. 29/04/20

It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Well there goes a 16 year old kid who will never bother posting on this forum again. Sure he asked the wrong question to start with but what do you expect from a young keen hunter.

To the original poster. You wont find a place to hunt on here. Best thing to do is go door knocking. Don't dress in your hunting gear and go and introduce yourself, even offer to help out around the place. Once you get one property to shoot it wont be long before word of mouth kicks in and you have people asking you yo come and shoot there properties (hopefully).

And don't worry about the smart arses on here...its just a very common question from first time posters so you need to expect that sort of sarcasm. Most of the guys on here are very helpful but you usually have to share some info first.

Good luck
    stingray and Sparrow like this.

northdude
    Quote Originally Posted by Slug View Post
    Bags next on your farm when the others are done. I will shoot the remaining animals I see and clean them all out for yah being a good sort and all helping you out with your pest problem. Don't worry, I have my own pack of 1000 dogs to flush out the sneaky ones.

Also can I borrow the quad and bring a few mates?

Hi Josh, welcome, it's a thing with all hunting forums that asking for hunting spots/selling stuff on your first post gets the big piss take. It's traditional not personal.
    Come right over some on here don't even think you need to get permission
    outlander likes this.

Thanks heaps
    stingray likes this.

Hi @joshamyes we don’t know much about you, you could be a self serving want it all for free type we just don’t know.
    If you are young and just starting out try an introduction things may change for you. We are all keen to encourage some one starting out, we just take the piss out of people who should know better.
    Welcome along lots to see and help here.
    James.
    mikee, northdude, Sparrow and 1 others like this.
    Remember the 7 “P”s; Pryor Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Max Headroom View Post
    If he puts on a keg of waikato, that'll automatically scare away 90% of us.
    and kill the other 10%
    berg243, dannyb and Max Headroom like this.

northdude
    ok just so i dont come across as a 100% wanker im only 50% heres some thoughts depending on how you are going to go about it doc land would probably be out because as far as i know its no spotlighting or shooting at night time unless theres a special permit you can get so it would be trapping only not sure if you need a permit to do that so check with doc so your left with finding private land or hoping someone on here will take you out but AND this is only MY view others on here have suggested and i would as well to introduce yourself and give us a run down on yourself and what youd like to do and doors might open if you cant follow an instruction/suggestion youll probably find people are less inclined to want to have a person like that handling firearms around them if you cant follow simple instructions

Quote Originally Posted by 2post View Post
    Hi @joshamyes we don’t know much about you, you could be a self serving want it all for free type we just don’t know.
    If you are young and just starting out try an introduction things may change for you. We are all keen to encourage some one starting out, we just take the piss out of people who should know better.
    Welcome along lots to see and help here.
    James.
    It's a hard time of year work possoms summer coats equal light possoms...wait until winter ..ring Doc get some info plus permits to trap an local area ..they also come with restictions ..raised set traps , soft leg hold traps etc ...the more info you gather the better your results...possoms are paying good $$ for fur presently so land is very sought after!
    Nil durum volenti !!

Got a guy accessing through my place onto DoC land...getting better than a kilo a day at the moment.

Possum Hunting in Tauranga

Hi, my name is Anna I live on 120-acre farm in Tauranga, most of the property is surrounded by bush, with possums everywhere. If you are interested to hunt on our property for possums please send me a message.

Cheers,
    308, Husky1600, Woody and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by samoylanna View Post
    Hi, my name is Anna I live on 120-acre farm in Tauranga, most of the property is surrounded by bush, with possums everywhere. If you are interested to hunt on our property for possums please send me a message.

Cheers,
    120 acres is a farm now? Land really is becoming scarce in the long White Cloud .

Quote Originally Posted by outlander View Post
    120 acres is a farm now? Land really is becoming scarce in the long White Cloud .
    100 acres was a farm back in the day. Still a farm now, just not a big one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk