Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Delta Alpine

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By chainsaw
  • 1 Post By chainsaw
  • 3 Post By The bomb

Thread: Quick wander off Clements Rd.

Quick wander off Clements Rd.

Went for a wee walk this week before the rain set in proper, no rifle just a quick recce to get a feel for deer numbers and bush. Have never hunted there before. Decided to do a few kms uphill (south) loop from Kakapo camp site. Bush was pretty average, lots of crown fern and wind fall which got worse as topo lines get closer. One blessing was not much bush lawyer to get tangled up in.
    Very little sign & what I saw was close to creek bed and not that far from the road. Maybe they are down lower this time of year?
    Bol Tackshin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    Went for a wee walk this week before the rain set in proper, no rifle just a quick recce to get a feel for deer numbers and bush. Have never hunted there before. Decided to do a few kms uphill (south) loop from Kakapo camp site. Bush was pretty average, lots of crown fern and wind fall which got worse as topo lines get closer. One blessing was not much bush lawyer to get tangled up in.
    Very little sign & what I saw was close to creek bed and not that far from the road. Maybe they are down lower this time of year?
    id say for sure they are down keeping out of this shittttt

Weather was mild, misty but almost no wind. Crap settled in after I came out of scrub
    Larskramer likes this.

Hi Chainsaw
    How was the road condition?
    Cheers
    Ruger7mm

Road was in pretty good nick - a couple of windfalls just before or after the Clements mill camp area. Have been partially cleared but no problem squeezing thru. I was driving a Ranger. Some more work with a chainsaw would be worthwhile

I’m heading down this weekend for a nosy,always hard this time of year to find the little huas,

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    I saw little sign in same area as where you went..except for this..Name:  image.jpg
Views: 240
Size:  1.70 MB
    Ruger7mm, Nick-D and imaca like this.