Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Create Account now to join.
  • Login:

Welcome to the NZ Hunting and Shooting Forums.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed.

Alpine ZeroPak

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree129Likes

Thread: Rituals - what are yours?

" leave a big note on the car passenger seat saying "LUNCH!!!!"
    @Cigar Gotta say having a Missus who comes on a lot of my hunts as she still loves it is a big bonus ,means we have a thermos & Bacon & Egg sandwich on the drive out & lunch is always a smorgasbord of good stuff.One of the best things l ever did was start Vak Pakn sliced up home made Salami, Hams,Jerky & Biltong etc ,just a matter of grabbing a few different packs out of the freezer & slinging them in for a day full of good feed.

Name:  Red Patrami Vak Pak Sml.jpg
Views: 215
Size:  43.4 KB
    "Fair Winds and Following Seas" - Capt Ron You Glorious Bastard.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

Gone but not forgotten
    Quote Originally Posted by bunji View Post
    @Cigar Gotta say having a Missus who comes on a lot of my hunts as she still loves it is a big bonus ,means we have a thermos & Bacon & Egg sandwich on the drive out & lunch is always a smorgasbord of good stuff.One of the best things l ever did was start Vak Pakn sliced up home made Salami, Hams,Jerky & Biltong etc ,just a matter of grabbing a few different packs out of the freezer & slinging them in for a day full of good feed.

Attachment 185018
    I had made a good lunch the night before, but realised as I arrived at the hunting block it was still in the fridge at home!

I always put pants on before I go hunting.
    veitnamcam, norsk and mimms2 like this.
    Experience. What you get just after you needed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Maca49 View Post
    Don’t want to get caught with a goat! A guy that lived across the road from the sawmill, got caught by his wife shagging it. She was a bit upset, she moved a bed and his belongings out on to an open veranda, he was allowed inside the house for meals, but if he like goats more than her, he could live on the veranda. So that’s what happened, the first meal after that was curried goat. True story
    But you shag 1! goat
    Ranger 888 likes this.
    It's all fun and games till Darthvader comes along
    I respect your beliefs but don't impose them on me.

Attachment 185018
    Wow must say those look very tasty! @bunji

@Sideshow Yeh Venison Pastrami is one of my favorites now it seems to really suit the process.

"The nine most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the Government, and I'm here to help. " President Ronald Reagan

@Sideshow Yeh Venison Pastrami is one of my favorites now it seems to really suit the process.
    What vacum packer do you have? @bunji are there any tips about doing it? ie easy way and what not to do.....Im fairly ocd anyway but all advise is good eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan F View Post
    Im the opposite. Cant be assed getting up at sparrows anymore. I shoot my deer in the evenings
    Funny you say that Nathan, I hunted with a mate years ago who only hunted evenings, when I asked why he said all the animals are coming out for a feed instead of heading into the bush to hide for the day. Makes sense a little bit.
    Micky Duck and bigbear like this.

@Sideshow I have a old commercial Wedderburn model, as about 8yrs ago we went to a Farm auction down here in the Southlands of a mob who had been supplying the Ski resorts with Farm to Plate cheeses & Salami etc & went bust .We wanted some stainless benches they had for doing home kills on the farm ,but when we got there they had a heap of older commercial Smokers, Dehydrators Vak Paks etc & they were going for scrap prices so the missus gave the nod to buy a full set up & that's how we got into making our own Salamis,Sausages etc .We scored heaps of smoking pellets ,Vac bags ,trays etc as other people did not want them .One of the few good buys l have ever lucked across.

About 2-3 yrs ago a mate brought a Vac Pack machine off one of the guys off here who sells them (l think Vac Pack or similar is user name ) & it has done a great job & they were very good to deal with .The best tip l can give for them is do not scrimp on the Pack material ,as you can see l trayed these as you slit the top & use the tray as a "cutting board" with the double layer of the pack laid on top ,comes in handy while glassing & eating off the ground or on a bait & fish covered chilly bin/bait cutter while fishing/diving & it all scrunches up to nothing to carry out. One of the few Kitchen gadgets l recommend .
    Micky Duck likes this.

NRT
    Me and my hunting buddy shot of jager

Sent from my Nokia 7 plus using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RUMPY View Post
    Funny you say that Nathan, I hunted with a mate years ago who only hunted evenings, when I asked why he said all the animals are coming out for a feed instead of heading into the bush to hide for the day. Makes sense a little bit.
    I suppose maybe then, mornings are good for those waiting in the bush, and evenings are good for those looking out at a more open patch of feed?

Quote Originally Posted by gonetropo View Post
    my ritual is referring to the mrs as "wonder woman"
    every morning......." i wonder where my keys are..........i wonder where i left my phone............i wonder where my purse is.....................etc"
    You’ve got a purse??????? Whoa that’s worse than ABBA
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

Quote Originally Posted by JessicaChen View Post
    I suppose maybe then, mornings are good for those waiting in the bush, and evenings are good for those looking out at a more open patch of feed?
    us bush hobbits try to find dopey one still on move early in day...the wander around kicking them out of bed to shoot during day,evenings are good to be stalking back towards car and sitting on a clearing/overlooking a slip or creek bed clearing isnt too bad of way to end the day if spending night away...
    having shot a few deer at or before 10 am on Sunday morning after a lie in,4-500 yards from car ...it gets kind of hard to push ones self out before dawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sideshow View Post
    But you shag 1! goat
    It’s not the best fuck on the farm! That’s a cow, you shove it up there nose and their tongue comes out and licks your balls!
    DavidGunn and mimms2 like this.
    Boom, cough,cough,cough

"24 cheese burgers please"
    Would you mind repeating the order please?
    "24 Cheese Burgers thanks"
    Did you say 24 cheese burgers?
    Yes thank you
    Drive to the first window please
    Did you say 24 Cheese Burgers???
    "Yes"
    Is that the lot?
    That'll do for now thanks.